Menu

BF American History (Primary) -- Booklist to continue past 1860's?

I just started using Beautiful Feet American History (Primary level) with my K, 2nd and 3rd graders -- to supplement our SOTW and four-year history cycle.  I like its gentle, literature-based introduction to American History, and just leave out the Bible verses and related discussions.  As my children are older, we are able to condense lessons, and go through it at a good pace so that it will probably just take us a few months to complete.  The problem is that it ends in the 1860's, and I would also like to cover topics through modern history in the same way and at the same level.  I thought about putting together my own resources and book lists, but was wondering if there were any that have already been assembled.

Their customer service rep was very helpful, and suggested that we could do the Westward Expansion or History of the Horse units next before going into the Intermediate Level, which does cover both time periods; but I am really set on doing modern history next before going up a level.  

The book "All Through the Ages" is an extremely helpful booklist that might help you here (and for future history studies, too). Pulls sources from BF, Sonlight, and more and organizes them chronologically, and by type and age level. Fabulous resource!