Menu

Tshirts for tall men

Cosmos

Do they exist?

My dh is tall and loves his tshirts. They have always been just a little too short for him. But he's been doing weight training the past couple of years, so his shoulders have gotten broader, which pulls up the length of the tshirt even more. So his XL tshirts are now barely reaching to the waist of his pants. But he's not wide around except at the shoulders, so a 2X is ridiculously big on him (in girth) and still isn't really any longer.

He found these XL-tall tshirts from Hanes and will probably get some. But what he really loves are all the cool geeky tshirts he's gotten over the years from conferences and as gifts. Is there any place that makes cool, interesting tshirts in tall sizes? I looked at CafePress and ThinkGeek, but they come only in regular sizes.

Any suggestions? He's sad at the thought of not being able to wear cool tshirts anymore.

There was a thread about this topic a little while back.

Oh, thanks! I don't usually read the chat board, and I didn't think to search. Here is the thread for anyone else looking. There are some other ideas listed there.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/603795-do-you-know-where-i-can-find-slim-fit-tall-mens-t-shirts/

It looks like there are some great choices for plain tshirts. Unfortunately I don't see any that will satisfy one's inner geek. :(

I wonder if it's possible to add length to a tshirt by sewing a band on the bottom. Would that look completely ridiculous?

Oh, thanks! I don't usually read the chat board, and I didn't think to search. Here is the thread for anyone else looking. There are some other ideas listed there.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/603795-do-you-know-where-i-can-find-slim-fit-tall-mens-t-shirts/

It looks like there are some great choices for plain tshirts. Unfortunately I don't see any that will satisfy one's inner geek. :(

I wonder if it's possible to add length to a tshirt by sewing a band on the bottom. Would that look completely ridiculous?

My computer geek son finds shirts on kohls, but you have to wade thru all the car and the beer t shirts. Currently he is happy with the Star Wars tees.

I wouldn't add length even tho I do that all the time for myself and my tall grand daughter.

I wouldn't add length even tho I do that all the time for myself and my tall grand daughter.

Yeah, it wouldn't really work for men, would it?

I just had an idea, though! We could buy nice plain TALL shirts from JC Penney or Duluth Trading Company or wherever, and then get an image printed on it at a local shop, right? I know friends who have had small batches of t-shirts printed with images they provide, so it must be possible. Obviously we would never reproduce the dozens of geeky shirts he has now, but it's at least theoretically possible. Maybe I could recreate one or two of his favorites (like this one) as a gift.

• Like 2

Try a big and tall store. Casual XL has a better selection online, but does sell tall t-shirts.

Old Navy and Gap sell talls online as well. Dillard's is where I buy my husband's under shirts and dress shirts but they may have quirky t-shirts too.

I have not been impressed with Duluth Trading's return process buying online, but if you have a local store it may be better. We had quality control issues with pants and ended up replacing them 3 times in 3 months, shipping at our own expense each time. My husband has since sworn off buying from them.