Menu

Do I go to bed or do I stay up and wait?

When should I go to bed?  

1. 1. When should I go to bed?

• Go to bed by midnight
    • Stay awake until dh comes home
    • Something else that I haven't thought of.

Dh got called into the station about an hour ago. I didn't think to ask when he thought he'd be home. Now I'm debating about going to bed. I really don't want to call and ask how long he will be. Sounds to naggy even though I'm just curious and not demanding he come home.

So do I go to bed within the hour and hope I'm asleep enough that he won't wake me. Or do I stay up until he comes home?

I'm worried that if he wakes me up I won't get back to sleep easily. Especially since I'm just coming off of an insomnia episode. If we are both up until the wee hours I'll be the one to have to get up with dd in the morning.

Rock and hard place decision.

I voted stay up and wait since that's how I am...of course it's probably crazy so don't put too much weight in my opinion. When my dh is going to be home and I'm the only one up, I sort of savor the "alone" time and get the house nice and clean. If it's super late, I might doze on the couch for a bit.

hhmmmm well I have sort of been put on this spot but dh always tells me when he will be home. He does expect me to be sleeping if he is out at night. This only happens in the winter.

I would go to bed and take the phone with me in there, in case he calls. Leave a note telling him not to wake you up.

Holly