Menu

Facebook pages for a business----how hard to set up/maintain/etc?

Ottakee

A friend of mine has published a children's book for children adopted through the foster care system.  www.westolivepress.com

The books will be ready for shipping May 13 and I was wondering about her starting a facebook page for either the west olive press company, her professional name, under the book title, etc.......just something to help market her books and link others to them, promote the next book in the series, etc.

How much work is this to set up?  Maintain?  Moderate?  She is swamped right now between the books, her full time job as a nurse practitioner, her son  who had a stem cell transplant last Friday (and is still in isolation in a hospital 3 hours away with family rotating his caregiving), and her family at home.  I would love to help her out but don't know much about how to go about this, and make sure it looks good, is maintained, etc.

Any other ideas?  She is working on a deal with Amazon for them to sell her books as well.  We know the market for kids picture books for children adopted out of foster care (esp. minority children adopted by white parents) is more of a niche market so I am trying to help her figure out who to best reach that market. 

My daughter Nichole does this for a living.  She sets up people's pages, create a marketing plan/schedule for posting items on the page and then the owner takes over from there.  She can also integrate FB and website blog posts together, along with many other platforms (twitter, pinterest, amazon, etc)

Your friend can google someone close to her if she wants a face to face meeting, or her publishing house can suggest someone.  Most of my dd's clients are in the USA, we live in Canada.  She also works for a company in England.  Everything is done online so you don't actually need to be in the same town any longer.

With such a specialized niche market I would suggest your friend finds someone to take care of setting this all up for her.

It's pretty easy. DD has a page for her My Little Python stuff. You can also connect FB and Twitter (and, I think, Instagram and other social media services) and most blogs so that something published on one automatically posts on the others.