Menu

CLE- can you jump into LA grade 3?

sunshineslp

We've used LOE but no formal grammar. Can CLE LA be started in 3rd grade or is it confusing to jump in at this point? I've read that they introduce diagramming in grade 2... We've not diagrammed before, will this be a problem or is it easy to get up to speed?

Homeschooling mama of 4... Preschool 3, preschool 4, 1st, and 2nd:)

I am using it for 2nd grade and find it moves pretty slowly with lots of review built in (in fact it is a little too slow for us). There are very clear and basic definitions of all grammar terms/concepts. I think you most likely could use 3rd grade with few to no issues even without prior CLE experience.

• Like 1

My 3rd grader jumped into level 3 despite technically placing in 2 (just barely). He did FINE. Some of the writing was a little tough, but he got through it. The diagramming was a breeze and he had no problem with that at all. It's very simple at that level. We just switched out of it recently because he's been burnt out on CLE in general, but we made it through 308 without issue.