Menu

Lularoe... Can someone explain

bettyandbob

I have a friend who just became a consultant. I haven't been to an event yet.

My experience with these mlm things is you go pick out what you like and the consultant orders and you get your stuff later. However, from some stuff I've read lularoe sounds like it's set up like Filenes basement sale--run in and grab what you want and no one else gets it and you can't order or predict what could be available.

So if I saw a tunic or skirt I thought I might like I couldn't tell my friend what wanted and actually get it. Is that correct?

Friend has done well with mlm businesses for years. She started with one and changes to a different one every few years. She knows I'm not usually interested and doesn't badger me, but I thought I'd look at this to be nice, but the approach of it being unclear if you can get the product you want seems like a pain.

The way I understand it with Lularoe is that they only get certain colors/styles/sizes in their inventory.  You go to a show and pick from items off the rack.  If you see it, like it, and it fits, it's yours.  If they need to find something for you, they have to contact other consultants to try and get it.

I'm kind of confused with Lularoe also, but I have a friend that loves it & if it weren't so pricey to get started, she would be selling it.  

Edited by mom2samlibby

Some of my friends absolutely love it. I like the items I have but don't think they are worth the price imo. There are all sorts of groups you can belong to to find the pattern, style and size you want. Their sizing is odd-though at least they tend to be good about giving a chart to let you know you will be a xxs in this top and a M in that one. My biggest irritation is that you can't actually return and get your money back. You can only exchange. And then you have to hope that one consultant has something else you like in your size.

We had a fundraising event for my girls sports team. Yes, you walk in and pick off the rack. The consultant replaces her merchandise with a certain style and size and the company sends her items. No control over what pattern. There were some really strange patterns. An ugly yellow with brown buffalo heads was one I recall. My girls each bought an oversized shirt they wear with leggings. It almost looks like a dress but with a roomy pajama look. It was pricier than I wanted to spend. They like the pieces I bought.

LLR only makes something like 2,500 of each print.  So there are limited quantities.  The consultant has no control of what prints she gets. So she might order 25 pairs of leggings, but she has no idea what the patterns will be until they arrive.  So if you saw one online or that a friend had that you liked and wanted, there's literally no way for you to for-sure guarantee you would ever be able to find it.  There are a TON of Facebook groups out there where people are stalking for their favorite pattern.  It's like a big treasure hunt for some.  So basically, yes if you see something you like , you need to buy it right there.

Most consultants host pop up parties, either in their own home or hostess's homes.  So you can try it on and buy it right there on the spot. Most also have FB groups where you buy it online.

LLR sizing is way off.  I would need a XL in their Azure skirt (think knee-length A line skirt), and L in their Maxi Skirt (otherwise it will way to long), and an XXL in their Randy shirt (think baseball style long sleeve shirt).  That might be normal if I were shopping different brands, but not for the SAME Brand!  Then there are reports that their leggings, even in the same size, are off in sizing based on what country they are made...Vietnam and Korea leggings are shorter and tighter than China made leggings in the same size.   Overall I have a few pieces, but I wouldn't go crazy with it.  Too pricey and not enough quality control.

Edited by Samiam

It's been a fun craze.  You can really do well holding a party.  Most of the groups I'm in, when you host a party, ALL the people in that group are shopping as well.  I was recently a co-host and between the two of us, I even got three free items--I think she had more since more of her personal guests ordered.  Was just in a party where the hostess received 5 free items.  It's a rather interesting business plan and can be a lot of fun in finding that perfect pattern/style.  I've found that in their maxi skirts, I can wear three different sizes comfortably, so it opens a lot of options.