Menu

refused mail: How long should that take to get back to sender?

KatieJ

How long should it take?  It's been over 2 weeks and they are claiming they have not received it.  I am waiting on a refund.  Refusing it was their idea as they also refused to reimburse my postage if I paid to return it to them.

I am wondering to give up on them and take it up with my credit card.

• Like 1

Return to sender or insufficient postage takes forever, weeks.  I don't know about returned mail.

But I would check with your credit card on how long you have to question a charge.

It might be that once you make the next payment after your charge shows us, you can no longer insist on a credit that the seller disputes.  Don't let the seller run the clock out on that.  It's a common ploy with paypal, which has a 30 day reversal period.

• Like 2

Return to sender or insufficient postage takes forever, weeks. I don't know about returned mail.

But I would check with your credit card on how long you have to question a charge.

It might be that once you make the next payment after your charge shows us, you can no longer insist on a credit that the seller disputes. Don't let the seller run the clock out on that. It's a common ploy with paypal, which has a 30 day reversal period.

I have 90 days as I paid with Amercan express, not PayPal.

• Like 2

I am surprised that a Seller would tell you to Refuse the delivery.  I do not think a Reputable Seller would do that. However, I read that they did not want to pay the Return Shipping.  I suggest you explain all of  this, to the bank that issued the credit card, so that you are not out of money, because of what this Seller instructed you to do. GL

ETA: Many very reputable Sellers on eBay state in their sales listings that the Buyer needs to pay Return Shipping charges. That's upfront and common. If the Seller involved with this transaction did not have that policy on their sales page, I would again suggest you calling your bank.

ETA #2:   I am curious about what happened here. Did you order the wrong thing? If so, that's your fault. If they shipped the wrong thing to you, that's their fault.  The reason you do not want the item they shipped to you is critical, when you speak with your bank. 

Edited by Lanny

I am surprised that a Seller would tell you to Refuse the delivery. I do not think a Reputable Seller would do that. However, I read that they did not want to pay the Return Shipping. I suggest you explain all of this, to the bank that issued the credit card, so that you are not out of money, because of what this Seller instructed you to do. GL

ETA: Many very reputable Sellers on eBay state in their sales listings that the Buyer needs to pay Return Shipping charges. That's upfront and common. If the Seller involved with this transaction did not have that policy on their sales page, I would again suggest you calling your bank.

ETA #2: I am curious about what happened here. Did you order the wrong thing? If so, that's your fault. If they shipped the wrong thing to you, that's their fault. The reason you do not want the item they shipped to you is critical, when you speak with your bank.

It was not eBay. It was a scrapbooking company. I ordered items to be used at a long weekend crop I was going to. I emailed before ordering as I knew I was on a short delivery window. No answer so I called direct. I was told shipping is one state away from me, and 10 days should be long enough to get order. I never got first order, 2nd order came after I left for my weekend.

I contacted them when I got home and was told they were having technical difficulties and that they were replying to me but I was not getting them. They canceled my first order and told me to return to refuse the 2nd one I had received but not opened.

2.5 weeks ago I returned the box. They claim they don't have it.

Oye.

I am confident Amex will get it resolved, just wondering how long to wait.

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1

It was not eBay. It was a scrapbooking company. I ordered items to be used at a long weekend crop I was going to. I emailed before ordering as I knew I was on a short delivery window. No answer so I called direct. I was told shipping is one state away from me, and 10 days should be long enough to get order. I never got first order, 2nd order came after I left for my weekend.

I contacted them when I got home and was told they were having technical difficulties and that they were replying to me but I was not getting them. They canceled my first order and told me to return to refuse the 2nd one I had received but not opened.

2.5 weeks ago I returned the box. They claim they don't have it.

Oye.

I am confident Amex will get it resolved, just wondering how long to wait.

I would contact the bank that issued your AmEx card, today...    Their "technical difficulties" may well apply to their receipt of the package you refused, and their inability to issue a refund to your AmEx account.

I like having Amazon for backup, in case there is a problem with a Marketplace Seller and eBay for backup when I buy on eBay.  I am buying many more items (with the exception of books) on eBay now, than I am on Amazon.  

I would contact the bank that issued your AmEx card, today... Their "technical difficulties" may well apply to their receipt of the package you refused, and their inability to issue a refund to your AmEx account.

I like having Amazon for backup, in case there is a problem with a Marketplace Seller and eBay for backup when I buy on eBay. I am buying many more items (with the exception of books) on eBay now, than I am on Amazon.

Amex is my back up. Theses items are not available except thru the company. But I will not be one of their customers now! Too bad because I really thought I could use them. They have lost a potentially good customer.

I think it's just not worth it to mess around.  Call Amex and let them reverse the charges.  Eventually, the refused item will make it's way back to the company, but that can take a real long time.   Most companies would NOT have told you to refuse delivery and would have issued you a RMA number.

• Like 1

Most companies would NOT have told you to refuse delivery and would have issued you a RMA number.

That is exactly why I am never ordering from this company again. None of what they say or do makes sense for a company trying to grow their business.

I am planning to email them tomorrow that next Monday is 3 weeks and I will be opening a claim with AmEx.

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1