Menu

$50 to spend on IEW.com, what should I get?

I won $50 to spend at IEW.com, I'm not planning to use IEW's writing program, what should I get instead? I have an 8, 6, and 3 year old.

ETA my 8 year old already reads very well and is a natural speller. My 6 year old is a beginning reader, I haven't done any spelling with her yet.

Learn to Sing and the Poetry program both look interesting. Any experience with either one?

Edited by Rach

They just updated the Poetry Memorization and it now has a student packet with the poems printed and optional coloring. It looks really nice. I am excited to get mine.

A couple other things they sell other than what was mentioned:

Reading Roadmaps (another Center for Lit text)--it gives schedules and books for discussion for different grades depending on if you want to discuss books weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. It's a great book.

The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

The Writers Guide to Transitional Words and Expressions (handy little guide, but be aware it has "bitched" as a synonym for "said" LOL)

You could also look at the Printing with Letter stories products for your younger children--they have stories to help the kids remember how the letters are formed and what the letters say. There is a card game as well.

FYI--I was told there would be free shipping in early July so if you can wait your money might go further.

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

Have you use it? My son loves poetry and this looks right up his alley. I don't know much about poetry so we could both learn something.

I got the free sample. I love that it builds up in difficulty of poems.  My older kid blows through memorization too quickly, but I am hoping to use it with my 2nd.

• Like 1