Menu

Must read: The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Guest Virginia Dawn

Guest Virginia Dawn

I bought this for ds17yo last Christmas at the suggestion of someone here. Dh and I have started reading it. After only a few pages our jaws hit the floor.

Keep in mind that this was originally published in 1994.

The name of the second chapter: The Name of the Game is Bailout.

In the analogy of a game this chapter explains exactly what is happening right now. Even down to exact wording used by the government and the media to cause fear and consternation among the people.

This same scenario has played out over and over again in our country. It just happens that this time is a little more dramatic. We are not bailing out Wall Street. We are bailing out the banking cartel known as the Federal Reserve. That has always been the plan.

:001_huh:

I bought this for ds17yo last Christmas at the suggestion of someone here. Dh and I have started reading it. After only a few pages our jaws hit the floor.

In the analogy of a game this chapter explains exactly what is happening right now. Even down to exact wording used by the government and the media to cause fear and consternation among the people.

This same scenario has played out over and over again in our country. It just happens that this time is a little more dramatic. We are not bailing out Wall Street. We are bailing out the banking cartel known as the Federal Reserve. That has always been the plan.

Hey, and I bought it for ds becuae YOU mentioned it. So it's downstairs beside the bed, I think.

Hmmm.

Yes, the media outlets are owned by powers on Wall Street who would love to have us bail them out.

One interesting thing is that both Conservative Republicans and Michael Moore and many other Democrats are against this.

People who are a huge part of the problem are trying to "fix it." In a normal business situation, the management would be fired or an investigation would be launched and someone would be possibly going to jail.

Guest Virginia Dawn
LOL, don't you hate having to steal the book in order to read it? I'm kicking myself for not having read it last winter.

Took it to WORK? The nerve.

Yeah. I thought if I moved it to someplace less noticeable he would forget it. No such luck. :tongue_smilie:

I believe "bailout" was the term used when the U.S. government came to the rescue of Chrysler and certain airlines.