Menu

What religion are you really?

Wow! The whole time I was doing the quiz I wondered if it would possibly come up with me...it did.

Eastern Orthodox 100%

ETA: It came up 100% for Roman Catholicism too, which is what I was until 2005, and 83% for Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (which I have never been).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Torah had been completed for about 1000 years before Muhammed was born :confused:

From Wikipedia about Islam:

They do not regard Muhammad as the founder of a new religion, but as the restorer of the original monotheistic faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets. Islamic tradition holds that Jews and Christians distorted the revelations God gave to these prophets by either altering the text, introducing a false interpretation, or both.

Perhaps split wasn't the correct word, but they share the same roots.

From Wikipedia about Islam:

They do not regard Muhammad as the founder of a new religion, but as the restorer of the original monotheistic faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets. Islamic tradition holds that Jews and Christians distorted the revelations God gave to these prophets by either altering the text, introducing a false interpretation, or both.

Perhaps split wasn't the correct word, but they share the same roots.

I understand now. This is interesting.

Hinduism? I scored 100% for Hinduism? Wow. I know I have some thoughts, feelings, beliefs that aren't 100% Catholic but I never thought Hinduism. Only 71% Catholic. Neo-Pagan beat out the Catholic.

Hey, that's how mine turned out until I went back and didn't think too hard about the questions. Second time it came out 100% Catholic.

Janet

I got 100% EO' date=' 100% Catholic, and 98% Conservative to mainline Protestant. ????? I'm conservative Protestant. What I don't understand is how EO and RC can have all the same answers. Some of the questions were off, too. There was no appropriate available response for me on good works/salvation. I do believe that one should follow the law of God, but I don't think that doing so leads directly to my salvation, rather doing so is the [i']result[/i] of my salvation. This is not a niggling distinction without a difference, as it was a huge issue in the Reformation, some would argue THE issue. How did they miss this?

That is what mine came up with. And you are right, some of the questions didn't have answers that suited our faith. So I guess if you mix it up, you get Reformed ;)

Well, I'm a born again Christian, and this is my result:

1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)

2. Islam (96%)

3. Reform Judaism (86%)

4. Sikhism (81%)

5. Bahá'í Faith (79%)

6. Jainism (68%)

7. Jehovah's Witness (64%)

8. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (61%)

9. Seventh Day Adventist (59%)

10. Orthodox Quaker (58%)

11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (53%)

12. Hinduism (51%)

13. Liberal Quakers (49%)

14. Eastern Orthodox (43%)

15. Roman Catholic (43%)

16. Unitarian Universalism (41%)

17. Mahayana Buddhism (36%)

18. Neo-Pagan (36%)

19. Scientology (35%)

20. New Thought (34%)

21. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (31%)

22. New Age (29%)

23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (28%)

24. Theravada Buddhism (23%)

25. Taoism (18%)

26. Nontheist (17%)

27. Secular Humanism (15%)

See, there's no place in those results for someone who believes Jesus is the saviour, the way to the Father, the Son of God, but not that Jesus is God. Sometimes, there was no good answer for me, either. I think that one reason Sikh came up is because they believe in only one God (I learned that this summer).

The Torah had been completed for about 1000 years before Muhammed was born :confused:

Yes, and Islam acknowledges both Judaism and Christianity with their respective major prophets. As I understand it, they see Muhammad as God's final prophet, whose job was to correct some misinterpretations. In fact, the angel Gabriel is believed to have revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad.

Again, speaking from my limited understanding, I believe that Muslims do not consider Muhammad to have founded a "new" religion, but merely to have clarified what came before.