Menu

What is on your Valentine's Day menu?

But I too need it to be simple. So here's this year's menu:

--watermelon hearts from Family Fun magazine

--broiled salmon (squeeze a little lemon juice on them and broil about nine minutes total)

--pilaf (melt 1/2 stick butter, brown broken fideo noodles in butter, add 2 c rice, then 4 c chicken broth, cover and steam 45 minutes)

-- green beans and matchstick carrots (sauteed with a little butter, turbinado sugar, and water)

-- homemade crescent rolls

-- cream puff pies with sliced strawberries:

Makes 2 Pies

1 c water

½ c butter

1 c flour

¼ t salt

4 eggs

400 degrees. Grease two glass pie plates. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter to a rolling boil. While stirring, add flour an salt. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat; put mixture into large bowl and beat in eggs, all at once, until smooth. Spread smoothly in bottom only of pie pans. Bake 35-50 minutes or until outside edges are puffed and golden.

Filling

2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding

1 quart whipping cream

1 c powdered sugar

2 t vanilla

2 c milk

Chill metal bowl and mixer beaters. Pour whipping cream into bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until cream forms peaks. In a separate large bowl, mix pudding and milk until well blended. Spoon whipped cream into pudding and fold in. When blended, spoon mixture into crusts. Chill several hours or ideally overnight.

Hope that helps!

make Valentine's special for my hubby. Kids are going on a date or to a dance so we will have the evening to ourselves.......hmmmm

So I'm planning on doing candles, music, sprayed sheets, etc... in the bedroom

But I'm wondering what we should do for dinner.......my husband usually cooks during the week, but I was hoping to keep cooking to a minimum (at least in the kitchen KWIM)........LOL

Any suggestions?

My menu isn't really quick or easy, but it is what dh requested - lasagna, salad, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake for dessert. To make it quick and easy - I'll make the cake today and stick it in the freezer until V. day. My spaghetti sauce is all made so I will probably make the lasagna up the day before and keep it in the fridge so my actual preparations on V. day are very small.

We are having lasagne, salad and french bread. I am going to try to assemble the lasagne the day before so I can get a break from cooking dinner on Valentine's Day.

Ree is posting a Valentine menu on her cooking blog:

http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/

I usually have heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. I love the idea of the heart shaped pizza - maybe for lunch.