Menu

My dh--knight in slightly tarnished armor

So a few days ago, my husband was at the grocery store. A woman in her 80s was slowly pushing her cart around the corner of an aisle that is fairly narrow, making it hard for anyone to go around her. My husband just patiently followed her, but then a store bag boy (about 20) came quickly down the aisle, sighed loudly and rolled his eyes at how long she was taking, and shoved past her, causing her to have to stop abruptly. So what did my husband do? He "accidentally" tripped him! I was very surprised to hear it, but I do find it amusing now--are we sick?

I asked dh "Why?" and he said, "I thought he would learn a lesson better that way than if I just told him he was rude. He could have easily knocked the lady down that way." And by the way, the woman saw what he did and grinned at him gratefully.:)

So a few days ago, my husband was at the grocery store. A woman in her 80s was slowly pushing her cart around the corner of an aisle that is fairly narrow, making it hard for anyone to go around her. My husband just patiently followed her, but then a store bag boy (about 20) came quickly down the aisle, sighed loudly and rolled his eyes at how long she was taking, and shoved past her, causing her to have to stop abruptly. So what did my husband do? He "accidentally" tripped him! I was very surprised to hear it, but I do find it amusing now--are we sick?

I asked dh "Why?" and he said, "I thought he would learn a lesson better that way than if I just told him he was rude. He could have easily knocked the lady down that way." And by the way, the woman saw what he did and grinned at him gratefully.:)

Bravo. I nominate your dh for President. May I write him in?

:D:D Give you're dh a big old hug from this lady who will someday be 80.

Edited by elegantlion
missing an important word

Bravo. I'll bet he looked a bit less intimidating from his position on the floor. Perhaps his pride and ego were tripped down a notch as well. We can only hope.

Why is it that some people, ok a lot of people, only respond/learn/grow/change when physical circumstances are present. Just goes to show how "actions speak louder than words" is really true on many levels. You would think that by the time we became adults the need for physical reprimanding would be unnecessary. Sadly that is not the case.

I think Amy's neighbors, if you read that post, could have used a good spanking! Perhaps we could send your dh over to "talk" with them...:lol:

Well, I don't advocate "violence" but unfortunately, some people don't understand anything else. You can tell 'em ten times, or show 'em once. ;)