Menu

Hot pepper jelly?

*anj*

Audrey,

That is a very cool site. Thanks for sharing it!

I think I'm making condiment baskets for Christmas presents this year and a little jar of hot pepper jelly would be perfect!

Oh, and Stephanie:

You bring the cream cheese, I'll have the pepper jelly and some really nice whole wheat crackers!! :D

I had no idea how prolific hot peppers are until we planted 6 plants this year, 2 each of Hungarian wax, jalapeno, & habanero. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, it's true. We had a zillion of them in our last garden.

And now the farm is letting you pick 30 pieces at a time.

I guess they grow well because insects and animals don't eat them? whatwhat.gif

I"m almost positive this is the recipe we used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jalapeno-Pepper-Jelly/Detail.aspx

If not, it's so similar it can't be bad.

We LOVED it.

I put it in small jars to give as gifts, but ended up eating most of them myself. I heat the jar in the microwave and then pour it over cream cheese. Dip the two layers with a Wheat Thin or TLC cracker. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I can't stop eating this once I start. In fact, my mouth is watering now! Horrors! My jalapenos didn't produce this year. We bought seedlings and discovered that the guy sold us the wrong stuff. Last year, we bought green peppers that turned out to be jalapenos. This year, we bought jalapenos that turned out to be green peppers!