Menu

Help! Can't open exe Quicken file in Windows 10

PrairieSong

Can anyone out there help two computer idiots (me and dh)? We are trying to do our tax prep work for our business. Dh bought the newest version of Quicken and spent a long time on the phone with the company. He finally did receive the email containing the newest version of Quicken but he cannot open it in Windows 10. He is totally frustrated and I am no help at all. It is an exe file.

I would be so grateful for any help! Thanks!

• Like 1

Are you trying to run it on Windows 10 on a PC or Laptop, or on an Apple as in the information artic_bunny linked to?  If it is supposed to work on Windows 10 and doesn't work properly, request a refund.  Do you have a Windows 7 box you can try it on? Or, a Windows 8.1 box?  GL

NOTE: I use the TaxAct service. For several years, I downloaded it to my Windows PC, but now I use their "Online" service. Highly recommended and probably a lot less expensive for you than TuboTax or one of the other providers of tax preparation software.  

We're using a PC, not an Apple computer. We ended up using an older version of Quicken because we never could open the new version he just purchased. He's going to call the company again on Monday as they aren't open on weekends.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Probably you should get a refund for the product. Unless there are a lot of customers complaining about that same issue, fixing it will be a low priority for any company.  I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. You might look on their Support Forums, to see if other people are complaining about the same thing.     GL

ETA: If it is supposed to work on Windows 10 and doesn't, they probably did little if any testing and you are the "Beta" testers

Edited by Lanny