Menu

He's baaack!

PeachyDoodle

Controversial Megachurch Pastor Finds a New Flock

Mark Driscoll, whose Mars Hill Church (Seattle) imploded in 2014, has started a new church in Phoenix.

Mars Hill in Seattle is still around. They have a new name, new (less charismatic but still legalistic, sexist and wholly messed up) leadership plus only one location and fewer members but they are still here, like a festering boil on the butt of the city. Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 3

Controversial Megachurch Pastor Finds a New Flock

Mark Driscoll, whose Mars Hill Church (Seattle) imploded in 2014, has started a new church in Phoenix.

didn't see that coming . . . . .  NOT.

iow: that almost goes without saying. I'd be willing to bet he was never an actual believing christian, but only sees christians as a bunch of idiots who'll give him their money so he could make an easy living. (with some ripe for the pickings to feed his ego.)

I saw pictures of his house in woodway. btw: woodway is a rather exclusive very small  neighborhood north of (but not part of) seattle.

• Like 1

didn't see that coming . . . . . NOT.

iow: that almost goes without saying. I'd be willing to bet he was never an actual believing christian, but only sees christians as a bunch of idiots who'll give him their money so he could make an easy living. (with some ripe for the pickings to feed his ego.)

I saw pictures of his house in woodway. btw: woodway is a rather exclusive very small neighborhood north of (but not part of) seattle.

I've met him. I think he believes absolutely everything he says and that he does believe in a particular brand of Christianity.

He made religion his "brand" though and it was not attractive. He used to stand on the beach at Golden Gardens and baptize people like he was John the Baptist.

Driscoll's mentor was Ken Hutchinson IIRC, who is a very conservative but not especially wacky nondenominational Christian minister in East King County. I saw him debate Ron Sims on gay marriage. That was a...weird evening.

Edited by LucyStoner