Menu

CLRC Great Books online with S. Turscak?

My dd takes Greek and Latin at CLRC with Mrs. Van Fossen. I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience. The instruction is solid and well-taught. The classes are managed well and the assignments are clearly laid out and easily submitted/managed through Canvas. My dd recently sat in on a sample class from a prospective high school history class and loved it. I would expect high quality from all of their classes.

• Like 2

Melissa and Dawn,

Thank you so much for posting about your experience!  It's always a little worrisome when I can't find any feedback on a class or organization, so I'm glad to hear good things about CLRC.

OnMyOwn, thanks for the suggestion. I'll email Anne and see what I can find out about their Great Books class.

Any other advice or experience with CLRC, please post or PM me!

Thank you!

yvonne

Yvonne, I don't have feedback for their literature class, just languages, Byzantine Chant, and a summer Shakespeare class. Each of those classes has been well-taught, organized, and rigorous. Anne Van Fossen is so responsive, just very approachable and open to suggestions. I've been in contact with her for over 2 years and I'm not shy about asking her questions and such. She's been gracious each time. It's a small school with just a few kids per class so really a lot of opportunities to interact with each other. Dd will be studying Greek 3 (Athenaze book 2) with Anne soon; you know where we are so Lukeion Greek 2 isn't going to work for us, lol. The only thing to worry about is whether it'll be too small of a class; it's not a Lukeion class with 17 kids.

Edited by crazyforlatin

Well, it's not TPS, more like WTMA where perhaps the teachers are Christians or not but the class itself is secular. Byzantine Chant was different obviously but even then the focus was on the subject. Places like attuneup or Fun Clase have a Christian presence; there is prayer during class with Amy and Sr. Gamache mentions his beliefs in a more open manner.

Well, it's not TPS, more like WTMA where perhaps the teachers are Christians or not but the class itself is secular. Byzantine Chant was different obviously but even then the focus was on the subject. Places like attuneup or Fun Clase have a Christian presence; there is prayer during class with Amy and Sr. Gamache mentions his beliefs in a more open manner.

Super helpful. That, I can tolerate, taking two WTMA classes now and it seems fine. Thanks so much!