Menu

Wilson Hill Precalculus ?

Does anyone have a detailed syllabus (chapter/lessons covered) for Wilson Hill Academy Pre-calculus/Trigonometry?

It uses:

Advanced Math: Precalculus with Discrete Mathematics and Data Analysis, 2003, by Richard Brown (ISBN 0618250379)

PM is fine.

thanks

Edited by MarkT

I've found the WHA instructors to be very helpful and second ValRN's suggestion to contact them directly.

I wouldn't feel comfortable passing on information like that from a class we've done. It seems a little... unethical or something. Maybe one or two weeks of assignments to see what the workload is like, but definitely not the entire class. Instructors probably put  a lot of time and effort into deciding which chapters to cover and which problems to assign, so it seems almost like intellectual property.

Sometimes you can find information like that online from some public schools, though. If you're looking to put together your own course for your student, maybe try that?

ETA--Another thought: The TEds of the Algebra I & II books have a chart that spells out exactly which problems to assign for each lesson. If you have a student who needs more practice, there's a column of assignments for a "maximum course."  If the student needs less practice, you could use the list of assignments for a "minimum course." There's also a list for an "average course."  Perhaps the TEd of the PreCalc text has the same feature.

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

Who is the instructor?

Anne Stublen is one of the instructors who also happens to be teaching Algebra 2 which our son is currently taking.  She's an excellent, gifted instructor who I would not hesitate to take all the way through to AP Calculus.  You can view her bio here:  http://www.wilsonhillacademy.com/teachers/anne-stublen/

• Like 3

Anne Stublen is one of the instructors who also happens to be teaching Algebra 2 which our son is currently taking.  She's an excellent, gifted instructor who I would not hesitate to take all the way through to AP Calculus.  You can view her bio here:  http://www.wilsonhillacademy.com/teachers/anne-stublen/

She's not teaching Algebra 2 next year.  :( It looks like Eric Reini will be the instructor. I hope he is as good as Ms. Stublen!

• Like 1

There are a number of instructors at Wilson HIll, but my dd has also been taking classes with Anne Stublen (Albebra II and now Precalculus).  She is absolutely wonderful; I second all Derek has said. :)

• Like 1

I've found the WHA instructors to be very helpful and second ValRN's suggestion to contact them directly.

I wouldn't feel comfortable passing on information like that from a class we've done. It seems a little... unethical or something. Maybe one or two weeks of assignments to see what the workload is like, but definitely not the entire class. Instructors probably put  a lot of time and effort into deciding which chapters to cover and which problems to assign, so it seems almost like intellectual property.

Sometimes you can find information like that online from some public schools, though. If you're looking to put together your own course for your student, maybe try that?

ETA--Another thought: The TEds of the Algebra I & II books have a chart that spells out exactly which problems to assign for each lesson. If you have a student who needs more practice, there's a column of assignments for a "maximum course."  If the student needs less practice, you could use the list of assignments for a "minimum course." There's also a list for an "average course."  Perhaps the TEd of the PreCalc text has the same feature.

I would hope that syllabi would be published on the web site for viewing prior to signing up so that a parent can make informed decisions.