Menu

Treadmill Recommendations

OnMyOwn

Well someone else will give you a more experienced answer, but my answer is go to the Y.  :D  You can join the Y for multiple years for less than the cost of some treadmills, and the machine will be way better.  At our Y they have tvs, people to talk with, a steam room...  So you get way more for your money, and you get an enjoyable structure that helps you keep going.  If you start and realize oh I need to do more sit-ups or I need to roll out my sore QL (ask me how I know!), they have the stuff for that.  

• Like 1

Lifespan.  I have an older TR3000i which I think is close to the equivalent of this new one (aside from any new gadgets):  http://www.lifespanfitness.com/fitness/exercise-equipment/treadmills/tr4000i-folding-treadmill I love it because the few times I've had to move it were a breeze since it folds, but it is SO sturdy.  We've had it for 4 years, I think.  No issues.  The frame and motor on Lifespan treadmills have lifetime warranties.  5 years on parts and 2 on labor.  I'm glad I invested in my own treadmill and got it new.  There are 4 of us who use it on and off (and we're not light people) so I wanted something that started out strong!  LOL

Edited by 6packofun
  • Like 1

My proform from sears has lasted 15 years. I don't put a lot of running miles on it, but use it weekly.

We also have a proform from Sears that is 10+ yard old. DH puts it through the wringer at least 5 days a week. He doesn't run much (tho some), but he constantly adjusts the incline and works at the highest setting as though training for hiking.

• Like 1