Menu

Bad dream and being awake

Night Elf

This is terrible! I had a bad dream and woke up scared to pieces. I woke up DH who hugged me for a while to try to calm me down but I couldn't get that vivid dream out of my head. I got up and am now in the living room wide awake, still thinking of that dream. I have no idea when I'm going to go back to bed. I need that dream gone. Laying in a dark room and thinking about it is just not a good idea. I had frequent bad dreams as a child. My mom would let me crawl into bed with her. I wish I could call and talk to her. Is it bad that I want my mom to soothe me and I'm 48 years old? :tongue_smilie:

(Hugs)

Waking up via adrenaline rush is no fun.

When it happens to me I try to get warm, read until my eyes can't stay open and sleep with the light on!

Hope you can get your mind to settle down soon!

Yup. That's why God made books. And a nightcap.

:grouphug:

Well, I stayed up for 2 hours reading, then got back into bed and read my Kindle with the lights out for another 15 minutes. I finally fell back asleep, but woke up an hour later with another bad dream on the same subject as the first one. I just stayed in bed that time. I hugged DH for a while, then fell back asleep for another hour. I don't know why I woke up that time. And then got another 30 minutes of sleep after that before having to get up for the day. I bet I'll be napping this afternoon.