Menu

s/o Kitchenaid Stand Mixer DECISION!!!

sheryl

PLEASE READ MY POST 10

Thanks to all of you who replied to my thread below.  It was incredibly helpful to hear why you like your tilt or lift.  Tonight dd and I went to a homeschool teen night with our group and we met at a coffee shop.  DD was visiting with her friends and I with mine.  Then I saw the owner/baker/chef in his prep/kitchen area and on the counter was a KITCHENAID LIFT! 

I asked him some questions and I asked about adding ingredients and would it be difficult with the beater - is it in the way?  He said no. 

After looking on the KA website, I guess there are 3 different sizes (5, 6, 7 QT).  I think there are a couple more but those may be for commercial use.

I'm going to buy the KA LIFT!!!  More than likely the 5 qt.  I would only get a 6 or 7 if I could as good as or better deal.  The ht. for the 5 quart is 16 1/2 inches and our space from counter to bottom of cabinets is a height of 17 3/4!  All 3 sizes will fit!

Wanted you all to know.  Tilt or lift - they are both nice!  Thanks for sharing!

Now, color!  Which one! :)

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/585525-kitchenaid-stand-mixers-bowl-lift-or-tilt-head/

Edited by sheryl
  • Like 8

I'm going to buy the KA LIFT!!!  More than likely the 5 qt.  I would only get a 6 or 7 if I could as good as or better deal.  The ht. for the 5 quart is 16 1/2 inches and our space from counter to bottom of cabinets is a height of 17 3/4!  

Costco currently has the 6qt, 550 watt motor, for $300.   though this one has the glass bowl . . . I can't paste the link . . .

• Like 1

Taryl and Elizabeth,   I will!  Taryl, I've always leaned toward that blue and will probably go with that!  Kristen,  That's ok, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal.  I'm thinking I "might" wait until Mother's Day but I may go ahead and get it beforehand!

:huh: :laugh: :lol: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: oh, my.  I was thinking of getting myself the silver pearl 6qt - it would be  complete whimsy.

and the scraper paddle - great.  if I buy the bigger bowl, I'll have to get a new one . . . .

• Like 1

KA owners! 

I found a tutorial on youtube for lift and tilt.  The mounting piece onto which the beater is placed on the TILT AND LIFT - it rotates the same!  The underside of the head on both tilt and lift rotates in a circle positioned in the middle of a bowl.  They both seem to be the same "placement".  Am I looking at this right?

yes - they work the same - the only difference in the mechanics is how the 'head' housing the motor is raised.  tilted back or lifted up.

OK, thanks for that!  I think I now have a complete picture of both!  Mine should be arriving b/t tomorrow, TH, and the weekend!  :) 

• Like 1