Menu

Do I get another green square when I go over 1000 posts?

Because I am closing in, and I am also feeling restless and board. Anyone have an specific questions that you think I might be able to answer or perhaps even some thing silly you have always wanted to know? So ask away. Also some words of encouragement for my self-education plans. I am having a hard time finding the motivation to jump in. Humor is always appreciated. And finally I always like to hear about others as well. anything unusual or different about you. You know, just some chatting to boost my post some. Thanks. Some skill or hobby you could teach me?

Hmmm 50 posts, huh? Here are some questions to get you going - answer them one post at a time. ;)

1) Do you know where your laundry is? If you do, will you come do mine?

2) Would you like to learn how to make soap? I can teach you that. Go get your lye and meet me back here.

3) For the longest time when I looked at your screen name I read it as Kid-Shapen. I thought you were some kind of exercise guru. Then I got my new glasses. I get it. Same here. Kids Happen. :rofl:

4) Coke or Pepsi?

5) Remember the laundry question? When should I expect you to be here?

6) What is your self-education plan? I have the Well Educated Mind, but got totally and hopelessly stuck at Don Quixote.

Well, I just got another hundred rep points, and I didn't get another green square :(. What's up?

Ummm, and, since I readded fat to my diet, my fingernails are getting stronger again, and growing quickly--are you really bored enough to find that interesting?

And yeah for self education!!! I have decided I had too much education before and never intend to learn another thing. As long as I live. Ever. And this isn't just because my brain is dead. Completely.

How bored did you say you were? ;)

Ummm, I'm rather bored myself.

Hmmm 50 posts, huh? Here are some questions to get you going - answer them one post at a time. ;)

1) Do you know where your laundry is? If you do, will you come do mine?

Current clothing folder and/or hung. All towels and linens done. Out of season clotthes are currently waiting to be packed away. Laundry doesn't bother me but Miami is a bit of a drive with these prices.

2) Would you like to learn how to make soap? I can teach you that. Go get your lye and meet me back here.

I have never made soap before and not sure if I would like it. I prefer Ivory liquid. Can you make something like that?

3) For the longest time when I looked at your screen name I read it as Kid-Shapen. I thought you were some kind of exercise guru. Then I got my new glasses. I get it. Same here. Kids Happen. :rofl:

Many, many people have made that mistake. That's why I took to capitalizing the H as well.

Current clothing folder and/or hung. All towels and linens done. Out of season clotthes are currently waiting to be packed away. Laundry doesn't bother me but Miami is a bit of a drive with these prices.

It's just Orlando. :lol: How about I ship my laundry to you via UPS? (Seriously, I do NOT know why I'm so laundry-averse lately)

6) What is your self-education plan? I have the Well Educated Mind, but got totally and hopelessly stuck at Don Quixote.

My current plan is to work through both MUS Algebra and TT algebra. I will also do Right Start Geometry and then move on to Discovering Geometry. Getting started with Latin and then Latin Prep. Analytical grammar. PAC science programs. and my very own history timeline. Plus I will probably do German with my oldest. And finally, working on American history, government, economic, etc.

My current plan is to work through both MUS Algebra and TT algebra. I will also do Right Start Geometry and then move on to Discovering Geometry. Getting started with Latin and then Latin Prep. Analytical grammar. PAC science programs. and my very own history timeline. Plus I will probably do German with my oldest. And finally, working on American history, government, economic, etc.

Excellent plan! I have to say, I am enjoying math for the first time in my life learning it with my kids (we use MUS). It finally makes sense. What are you planning to use for Latin? Timelines are my favorite! I've yet to do my own, but I plan to with my youngest ds starting next year.

Let me know if you find a good "Economics for Dummies" (I'm referring to myself here) - I'm so sadly ignorant on this subject.

I have always wanted to make soap, we could take turns driving to Amy's. I love her soaps but we could stop at Wally World and get you a jumbo size package of your Ivory. :)

Another suggestion in addition to "Economics for Dummies" would be the Uncle Eric book, Whatever happened to Penny Candy".

Have fun with your posts.

Excellent plan! I have to say, I am enjoying math for the first time in my life learning it with my kids (we use MUS). It finally makes sense. What are you planning to use for Latin? Timelines are my favorite! I've yet to do my own, but I plan to with my youngest ds starting next year.

Let me know if you find a good "Economics for Dummies" (I'm referring to myself here) - I'm so sadly ignorant on this subject.

I am working through Getting Started with Latin with one of my dd and then we will move on to Galore Park's prep series. Using the Uncle Eric books for economics and finances.

:rofl: MTA - I find the fingernail/fat thing interesting. Have you noticed a difference in your hair at all? (Can you tell I'm at least as bored and restless as Kidshappen?)

I was at the point where I could only wash my hair every 2 & 1/2 weeks, and it was still falling out--now I can wash it every 1 & 1/2 weeks, and it isn't nearly as dry. It seems to have stopped falling out, too. & my skin is not nearly as dry, either, and I feel better :). But I'm also not losing weight--I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds-- couldn't be due to the stress eating of cookies I've been doing, huh?

I am not understanding how so many people have so much time to do all these posts.:001_smile:

I do understand that I am classified as a larvae. I sounds disgusting to me. I won't share what goes through my head. I thought about posting a lot to get out of having that name, but I just don't have time. It sure would be cool to be called a Queen Bee.

You guys must be great managers of your time if you have time to be bored.:thumbup:

I am not a good manager of my time.:eek: I work hard and trying to be a good manager of time, yet I sit here ready to drop b/c I am not. I work all day and see little progress. One room gets cleaned while the kids are busy messing up the room I just finished cleaning.:glare:

So I envy you guys.

I am not understanding how so many people have so much time to do all these posts.:001_smile:

I do understand that I am classified as a larvae. I sounds disgusting to me. I won't share what goes through my head. I thought about posting a lot to get out of having that name' date=' but I just don't have time. It sure would be cool to be called a Queen Bee.

You guys must be great managers of your time if you have time to be bored.:thumbup:

I am not a good manager of my time.:eek: I work hard and trying to be a good manager of time, yet I sit here ready to drop b/c I am not. I work all day and see little progress. One room gets cleaned while the kids are busy messing up the room I just finished cleaning.:glare:

So I envy you guys.[/quote']

Turnin' 360's - I'm guessing your kids are still pretty young? I have time 1) because my kids are teens and past the point of destroying every room they enter and 2) I generally come to the board late at night when my house is quiet. Hang in there!

Well, I just got another hundred rep points, and I didn't get another green square :(. What's up?

Ummm, and, since I readded fat to my diet, my fingernails are getting stronger again, and growing quickly--are you really bored enough to find that interesting?

And yeah for self education!!! I have decided I had too much education before and never intend to learn another thing. As long as I live. Ever. And this isn't just because my brain is dead. Completely.

How bored did you say you were? ;)

Ummm, I'm rather bored myself.

After the first light green square, it takes 200 points to get the next.

Because I am closing in, and I am also feeling restless and board. Anyone have an specific questions that you think I might be able to answer or perhaps even some thing silly you have always wanted to know? So ask away. Also some words of encouragement for my self-education plans. I am having a hard time finding the motivation to jump in. Humor is always appreciated. And finally I always like to hear about others as well. anything unusual or different about you. You know, just some chatting to boost my post some. Thanks. Some skill or hobby you could teach me?

No new square. You only receive squares for receiving rep. You do get an extra rep point to give when you rep someone when you reach 1000 posts. So keep posting and THEN start repping!

I do understand that I am classified as a larvae. I sounds disgusting to me. I won't share what goes through my head. I thought about posting a lot to get out of having that name' date=' but I just don't have time. It sure would be cool to be called a Queen Bee.

So I envy you guys.[/quote']

On the old board I thought I was one of the most prolific posters but I can't compete with the champs here. I had to work hard to get as many posts as I have. That was the first time I ever felt bored. It took me a little while to figure out what exactly that feeling was. Now that I have experienced it, I can honestly say, I don't like it.

No new square. You only receive squares for receiving rep. You do get an extra rep point to give when you rep someone when you reach 1000 posts. So keep posting and THEN start repping!

Look like Lolly was right. No new square for me but more rep for you guys so I'll keep working. I am far from enough rep points to get another square any time in the near future. darn

Look like Lolly was right. No new square for me but more rep for you guys so I'll keep working. I am far from enough rep points to get another square any time in the near future. darn

I'm finding it to be quite sad that I have all this useless information stored in my brain. Exactly WHY do I know all this randomness about rep!!!:confused:

So sorry to be the bearer of bad news.