Menu

Free budget website or books?

Garga

Any recommendations? Note the "free" part is in stone. My dh and I are really good savers, but we have had a bunch of bills lately and it's not been as effortless to save. We'd like a budget so we have a clearly picture of where the money is going and so we can know exactly how much money we have to play with for fun things.

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel and create a budget plan from scratch, so any recommendations for a plan that already exists would be most welcome.

We have ipads, and at most (most) we would spend $10 on a super good app (so not quite stone...). But that would be a last resort.

ETA: We don't need to be taught how to save. We are skinflints and miserly at heart and we love it. However, the unexpected bills have us a little unsettled and we need to see everything laid out in writing in buckets or categories or something. I'm saying this because some people never were taught how to save and they need to know about budgetting from the very bottom up. We just need a website or program or something to lay out all the categories/buckets for us.

Edited by Garga_

Any recommendations? Note the "free" part is in stone. My dh and I are really good savers, but we have had a bunch of bills lately and it's not been as effortless to save. We'd like a budget so we have a clearly picture of where the money is going and so we can know exactly how much money we have to play with for fun things.

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel and create a budget plan from scratch, so any recommendations for a plan that already exists would be most welcome.

We have ipads, and at most (most) we would spend $10 on a super good app (so not quite stone...). But that would be a last resort.

ETA: We don't need to be taught how to save. We are skinflints and miserly at heart and we love it. However, the unexpected bills have us a little unsettled and we need to see everything laid out in writing in buckets or categories or something. I'm saying this because some people never were taught how to save and they need to know about budgetting from the very bottom up. We just need a website or program or something to lay out all the categories/buckets for us.

Can you teach me how to save? Or maybe teach me and my hubby?! ;)

• Like 1

I really like the everydollar.com website. There is a paid version, but honestly it doesn't do anything I have found necessary (mainly links to your bank account) so I did the free trial but have never paid  for it. It's quite $$ IMO. The free version gets everything  done I need. My  only complaint  is you can't use it with android systems, but if you have an iphone/ipad there is a free  app I think would be very helpful.