Menu

Speed Queen fans - help me out

Ginevra

So, I know what I'm getting for Christmas. A new washing machine. Not that I anticipated doing so, but my machine croaked. So sad. But the appliance guy told me he recommends Speed Queens. And I thought I remembered the Hive has discussed this machine. So please tell me whatever I might need or want to know about this machine. :)

There was a terrible band called Speed Queen from I don't even know what era, and I could not imagine there were any fans. So I had to open this thread just to make sure.

I'm so glad this is about a washing machine. However, having just shopped for a washing machine this year, you'd think I would have encountered one... :p

• Like 1

We bought one this year.  It gets my clothes cleaner than my old machine.  We have just a basic top loader, nothing fancy.  They don't fill completely up with water anymore, but you can get around this pretty easily.  Just hold the water level button in the reset position after the tub if filled to add more water to your wash cycle.

• Like 2