Menu

Favorite sleds

maize

Not the round ones. We like the plastic 2-person basic sled they sell at the hardware store. Anything too fancy doesn't seem to work well (I include in that foam-based sleds, innertubes, the round plastic discs). At least for our typical snow, these are all pretty slow. The two-person plastics sleds zoom down the hill (and don't require two people but can fit two people, or even 3 or 4 kid-sized people).

• Like 1

We love the foam Wham-O Snow Boogie sleds of various types (but not the thin ones that can roll up. Look for handles on top not handle holes.) They are lightweight and thus easy to carry up the hill but slick and durable. We lucked out finding ours at thrift stores but I see them at Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, and on Amazon. A bunch of kids at the sledding hill we went to today had them.

Edited by AndyJoy

Not the round ones. We like the plastic 2-person basic sled they sell at the hardware store. Anything too fancy doesn't seem to work well (I include in that foam-based sleds, innertubes, the round plastic discs). At least for our typical snow, these are all pretty slow. The two-person plastics sleds zoom down the hill (and don't require two people but can fit two people, or even 3 or 4 kid-sized people).

We must have different snow types or sledding areas, as I would say the plastic toboggans are the worst and the tubes & foam are better! We always end up stuck or with cracks in plastic ones.

Edited by AndyJoy