Menu

Very good granola recipe

Laura Corin

I don't follow this blog in general - she cuts out all kinds of things that are good healthy food for most people - but this is a great recipe.  It's not too sweet, is full of nuts and whole oats, and somehow manages to taste fresh rather than cloyingly rich like a lot of granola.  Be aware that her cup sizes are not US-standard - I had to increase the oil and syrup to moisten the dry ingredients enough.  I also don't cook it as long as she says - mine toasted much faster.

http://deliciouslyella.com/nutty-cinnamon-granola/

• Like 5

Thanks so much!  Are other oils readily interchangeable for coconut oil?  I am not so up on oils.

I cheat on that and use rape-seed oil, because coconut oil is so expensive.  I'm sure that the original would be lovely, but it works anyway.  I wouldn't use something with another strong taste, like olive oil.

I am going to try making this this week.  One thing confuses me though.  Why do you think it calls for 3 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of 1 tablespoon?  when I see things like that, I wonder if it's a typo, especially when it's listed right after 2 other ingredients calling for 3 tablespoons.

Why a typo?  I would think: use teaspoons because they fit into a spice jar, whereas a tablespoon would not.

It works well as written, so don't worry.