Menu

Oak Meadow High School

I really think I'm going with OM next year for my daughter. She used OM in middle school and loved it. She learned so much and retained it well. She's in 9th grade this year. We're using Sonlight Core 100 and it is just not clicking with her at all. Anyone here use OM for high school? I plan to use it independently without enrollment. I'd love to hear from others who have used OM in high school. Thanks!

• Like 1

My youngest is 9th grade this year, and using Oak Meadow's 9th grade English. 

He will use some of Oak Meadow again next year because of the good experience with English this year.  So, for at least the English, I can say I highly recommend!     The writing assignments have been worthwhile, and he's come a long way with being able to analyze and discuss works of lit.

• Like 2

We used OM for health. That is a rather small sample, but I liked it. I seriously considered some of their history and English too. I've never heard great things about their math, but I haven't used it, so that is only hearsay. 

I'm not an "all one vendor" kind of person, but I wouldn't have hesitated to use more of OM from the little I saw.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We used Oak Meadow this year for 9th grade English and like it a lot.  I did supplement with Fix It! Grammar because this is our first year homeschooling and I discovered that my daughter was way behind in grammar.  

Next year, we plan on using OM for world history, biology, and health.  

Erica

We used Oak Meadow this year for 9th grade English and like it a lot.  I did supplement with Fix It! Grammar because this is our first year homeschooling and I discovered that my daughter was way behind in grammar.  

Next year, we plan on using OM for world history, biology, and health.  

Erica

I am thinking of using OM for English, Biology, and health next year.

• Like 1