Menu

Help me finish my Christmas shopping please :)

whitestavern

Here's who I still need ideas for:

Two grab bag gifts valued at $25. Need to be generic enough that most any adult would like or use. There are 3 couples and my mom, an older widow. We live in 3 different states. I think I may do a food basket for one, not sure on the other.

ds: Loves gadgets, robotics, building, engineering. Plays hockey and skiis. Need gift and stocking ideas for him

dh: Stocking stuffer ideas. So far I have a book and scotch. He enjoys golf; doesn't have a ton of hobbies as we have an old house and kids that play hockey, which eat up any free time :)

b-i-l: Need to fill a stocking (we pick names). Need generic ideas; just kind of your average 50ish male

s-i-l: Need to fill a stocking. Need generic ideas; average 50ish female

nephew: Need to fill a stocking. College student and sports nut

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

For your grab bag gifts you could do gift baskets: color theme, picking items that are packaged with that color or maybe a chocolate theme, choosing a variety of fancy and plain chocolate candies.

For your ds: Dayan cube or Hanayama puzzle

Generic male stocking: beef jerky, honey-roasted cashews, nail clipper, winter hat, ice scraper for the car, skullcandy earbuds, coffee shop gift card, pens

Generic female stocking: tea, coffee shop gift card, hand/foot lotion, pens, pedicure socks, earbuds

Nephew: beef jerky, winter hat, earbuds, nail clipper, pens, flavored pretzels

For the grab bags, could you do themes like Movies: either movie theater tickets or a DVD, then bag of popcorn, drink, candy. Or Gardening: simple to grow seeds, gloves, small yard tool?

Stocking stuffers: old-fashioned candies, small bottle of hot sauce (for BIL, DH), to-go mugs, small calendar, chapstick

For a grab bag idea, these travel coffee/tea mugs are the best: http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Flask-Stainless-Drinking-18-Ounce/dp/B00B62DVC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449242664&sr=8-1&keywords=hydro+flask+travel+mug

Movie tickets

Bottle of wine and scratch off lottery tickets

I like putting nice warm winter socks in stockings, favorite candies, small candles, lottery tickets, small gift certificates, chapstick, small hand lotions

• Like 1

For your son’s stocking and possibly the other males – a mini solar robot kit.  Rainbow Resource has several different models, including a frog, grasshopper, crab, and race car.   Amazon sells them too.  

Otherwise, lip balm, sunscreen, trail mix, warm socks, duct tape, sodering iron, micro screwdriver set, parts for a current project, and a book or magazine.  

SIL stocking, do girly things like emory boards, hand lotion, and face mask gel.

For the guys, the wallet ninja was very popular here last year. I got one for dd's boyfriend this year. I hope he likes it.

Also for the guys, a tire pressure gauge. If you're in an icy area, an ice scraper.

For your son, check Think Geek. They have lots of cool gadgets. They have a small hovercraft puzzle kit that I was thinking of getting for my ds.