Menu

amazon unlimitedkindle

gardenmom5

anyone use this?

I signed up for the 30 day free trial. (at $10 a month - it's not going to be constantly open.)   added some things from my laptop for free -  which are also accessable from my phone and the old phone dudeling uses. 

dudeling added something from amazon-unlimited from 'his' phone (it is set up as one of my devices) - and I was charged for it. he did have to get me to sign in, but I thought it was beause it was new and needed updating.  apparently not.  and I did see it was listed as amazon-unlimited.

any ideas why I was charged?  something set up wrong? glitch?

It may be a glitch, as Amazon was having a shipping charge glitch a few days ago.

But, when he "bought" the book, did he click on buy or on "read for free"? (I think that's how it comes up.)

You CAN return kindle books, if he did purchase it by accident. Or, if he's pretty sure he clicked read for free, they should be able to make it right. Either way, I'd contact them and let the customer service reps sort it out.

Yikes! I clicked on the link to get more information and it ended up being the link to join. I had to cancel immediately but I can use it until Jan. 4th. I don't think I'll be charged, but I don't know. I did the 30-day free trial when Unlimited first came out. Unfortunately, I'm just not an adventurous reader. I was able to read a good handful of books but when I was done, there wasn't anything else I wanted to read. I imagine if I was an avid reader, willing to read all manner of books, that Unlimited would be a good deal. I ended up buying all the books I borrowed through Unlimited because I wanted to own them and wasn't willing to pay the membership fee to just reread the same set of books repeatedly.

It may be a glitch, as Amazon was having a shipping charge glitch a few days ago.

But, when he "bought" the book, did he click on buy or on "read for free"? (I think that's how it comes up.)

You CAN return kindle books, if he did purchase it by accident. Or, if he's pretty sure he clicked read for free, they should be able to make it right. Either way, I'd contact them and let the customer service reps sort it out.

I clicked "read for free".  I'll probably end up contacting them today.  i also just got a shipping delay notice for a bunch of supplements I ordered.  not. happy. 

I clicked "read for free".  I'll probably end up contacting them today.  i also just got a shipping delay notice for a bunch of supplements I ordered.  not. happy. 

Their customer service has been really good for me and I'm sure they'll make it right. 

One thought--often my phone has a delay in loading but lets me click on what is a button, but I'm really clicking on what's loading into that button area next and not what's presently showing on the screen. I've found myself clicking on a button and being taken to something unexpected a lot lately. Haven't bought anything...yet.

Here is an interesting article about Kindle Unlimited: Kindle Unlimited ebook subscription - 9 things to know

the "limit to 10 items" from kindle unlimited may be what is going on.  over the summer, I dl'd a bunch of "free" minecraft books - that were also on kindle unlimited.  so, if they count those (and there are well over 10), then they start charging - in which case, I'll cancel. 

dudeling (my very reluctant reader) wanted to read more books in the various series.  they'd have the first book free  - and you had to pay for the rest.  well, he has a bunch of those "first books" of which he wants to read the rest of the series.

the "limit to 10 items" from kindle unlimited may be what is going on.  over the summer, I dl'd a bunch of "free" minecraft books - that were also on kindle unlimited.  so, if they count those (and there are well over 10), then they start charging - in which case, I'll cancel. 

dudeling (my very reluctant reader) wanted to read more books in the various series.  they'd have the first book free  - and you had to pay for the rest.  well, he has a bunch of those "first books" of which he wants to read the rest of the series.

When I would have 10 books from Unlimited, it would notify me that I could not "read for free" until I deleted some of the books I currently had checked out. I am not one to reread, so it was just a matter of me having to "return" some of the books I had already read.