Menu

What to buy my bil - realtor

Sarah CB

I never know what to buy for my bil.  My sister, mom, and I all enjoy buying each other gifts and I often feel bad for our husbands.  I'd like to get bil something good this year, but am not sure what.  He doesn't really drink, he's allergic to a bunch of different foods, his main interest/hobby is programming robots (he's built some pretty amazing robots), but he is a realtor.  My sister said he needs a belt, so I bought him a belt, but that's feeling pretty boring.  

If you are never sure what to get for your bil, what are you giving him this year?

Books make good gifts (maybe I just find it easy to wrap them) "Hacker's Delight" is a really fun programming book that an intermediate-level hobbyist programmer would appreciate: http://www.hackersdelight.org/

Not heavily promoted through the usual channels but people really seem to like it. Most of what's in there are little tricks to make your program work a little faster, and they should work on all kinds of projects and devices.

I'd probably go with some kind of gift card. If he has a favorite store go with one from there. If not you could do a visa gift card or something similar. I know people says there are impersonal but I don't think so. I love picking my own stuff.

I agree with this. Dh's favorite gift is Home Depot gift cards.