Menu

Anyone else taking a holiday break early?

displace

This week has been "slightly" unproductive. Tuesday was a half day work wise. Wednesday we had a field trip day. Yesterday I was too ill to do school. Today DS has a headache and sore throat so I'm wondering if I should just take another day off and work the weekend.

I've been feeling kind of blah mentally too and I wonder if I'm just itching for the thanksgiving break early. I was planning on schooling only one day next week because of doctor appts and vacation. Anyone else's plans sidetracked by holidays and life lately? And the guilt while not working, even for some valid excuses. FWIW we school year round but days like these make me feel we'd have to even if we weren't planning on it because of so many interruptions.

We normally do a holiday school Thanksgiving week up through the week Christmas falls on, where we ditch our formal school schedule and do more holiday reading, crafting, baking, and snuggling, but we'll likely press on as I am pregnant with twins and due early April so want to get as far along as we can. This year seems a bit detailed with being extremely tired and nauseous my first trimester and juggling a toddler, so in a lot of ways I still don't feel like we've "hit our stride" this year.

If circumstances were different I would hesitate to do it!