Menu

any deals on iphones?

mum

I am still using a dumb phone, but it is dying.I am ready to take the plunge into smartphones, and it has to be an iphone because that's what the rest of the family have. I would be fine with an older version, as long as it doesn't become unusable because of new updates. Has anyone found any great deals, or heard of any coming up on Black Friday?

Not a deal exactly, but Gazelle has reliable used iPhones.

Dd has one that she uses on ATT as a go phone with no data plan, because there is free wifi everywhere she goes. Data can be bought separately if needed for something special.

If you are looking at plans, compare total costs carefully.

You do want to make sure that a used iPhone has not been stolen and that it will work on the network you choose.

Edited by Alessandra

Last year I bought a used iphone 4s on ebay.  You want to make sure it has a clean ESN number (meaning it is no longer under contract and the former owner paid their bills on time).  You should be able to ask the seller for that number and there are sites online where you can verifying the status of the ESN number.  I use it on a pay as you go plan because I don't need a data plan but wanted the smartphone features of apps and keeping my lists on it etc.

• Like 1

Last year I bought a used iphone 4s on ebay.  You want to make sure it has a clean ESN number (meaning it is no longer under contract and the former owner paid their bills on time).  You should be able to ask the seller for that number and there are sites online where you can verifying the status of the ESN number.  I use it on a pay as you go plan because I don't need a data plan but wanted the smartphone features of apps and keeping my lists on it etc.

I did the same, and run my iphone 4s through Tracfone's BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program. I use it almost exclusively on wifi (except when I'm out & driving around, and even then I have the option to turn data on or off), and it's costing me less than $10 / month.

It's not the latest-and-greatest, but it's more than adequate for my needs, and I love it. :)

(Due to my geographical area, I also had to have one that was previously connected through Verizon, not AT&T; I did do some research, but am quite pleased with the way it's working out. So handy, for so many things.)

• Like 1