Menu

Looking for backyard outdoor ideas to replace swingset

Mama Geek

Dd is 5 and is very active and physical.  Her swing is getting to the point of needing replaced.  I am thinking about something along the lines of a backyard ropes course that would incorporate climbing as well.  We have a little less than half and acre and several trees along the property line.   

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?  How much would it cost to set something basic up?  How long would it last (I would want it long term so that dd could use it as she gets older.)  Any other pointers or other ideas would be welcome.

ETA we have taken dd to a rock gym several times and she really enjoys that.

We just got a Lifetime Dome Climber a few weeks ago. We plan to get the swings in the spring (not a playset, just the A frame with three swings). We also took logs of varying heights and they hop from one to another, sit on them, etc. We have an 8' board nailed to one log that they walk across and balance on. A slack line and teeter totter are on the Christmas list. I think the obstacles on treetop adventures (but built on the ground) would be good too.

• Like 1