Menu

AAA Redeemed

Tsuga

So, on another thread I posted that AAA let us down on our vacation. They said our membership was expired and wouldn't renew on the spot. We were surprised because before we left we checked and we thought it was good through the month. At the time, we just needed to get it DONE so we went ahead and paid but were really disappointed.

I told my story to the person in charge of membership when they (unbelievably, having denied our attempt at renewal while we were on vacation out of state and willing to pay for same-day use of membership) tried to get us to renew months later. She sent me a reimbursement form and they paid us back! I am thrilled! We thought we'd never see that $250 again!

So I am happy. Maybe we'll renew after all. Still, what a disappointment on a family camping vacation. I know a few other people had some bad experiences with them recently so maybe if you go through membership they can get your back-payments.

• Like 8

My husband had 2 flat tires on our trailer while traveling, the first one he changed and went on his way.  When the second one happened he called AAA in hopes of at least getting a name of a place that sells trailer tires.  They couldn't be bothered with helping him out.  We no longer have AAA after having it for probably more than 10 years.

• Like 1

Sorry that happened, Mama Geek. Sounds similar to our situation. It's just really frustrating when you pay for membership isn't it? Anyway at least we got reimbursed and I'm hoping this will encourage others to apply for the money that is rightfully theirs.

• Like 1