Menu

Most romantic getaway spot

Dh and I will be celebrating 10yrs next year. We are done have kids so no more puking in between the romance and all the kids will be old enough to be with a babysitter for a short time. So, I want to plan an awesome anniversary treat for us. We will have to start saving now to afford it.

So tell me (pretend money isnt an issue) where would you go in the US to spend a few warm and cuddly days together? Our anniv is August 5 if that makes a difference to anyone. :)

Dh and I will be celebrating 10yrs next year. We are done have kids so no more puking in between the romance and all the kids will be old enough to be with a babysitter for a short time. So, I want to plan an awesome anniversary treat for us. We will have to start saving now to afford it.

So tell me (pretend money isnt an issue) where would you go in the US to spend a few warm and cuddly days together? Our anniv is August 5 if that makes a difference to anyone. :)

Assuming money is no object:

Continental US? Probably Northern California on a wine country tour.

Outside the Continental US? Alaskan cruise or Hawaii

Outside the US? British Virgin Islands, Rome, Italy, a Caribbean cruise on a wind-powered Clipper ship, or a Mediterranean cruise on a wind-powered ship.

Maui

In fact for our 10th we found this place to be very romantic. http://bambula.com/home.html Pierre was absolutely wonderful. With the rental of the room he even takes you out on his sailboat. And it is a short walk to downtown Lahaina which is such a pretty little town with cozy restaurants and pretty walks. There is a ton to do on Maui as well.

If you have to stay on the mainland then Gaitlinburg can be very nice with the little cabins built for honeymoons.

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary.:001_smile:

In Hawaii. First we did a 3 island tour over almost 14 days. We loved the Orchid at Mani Lani on the Big Island. Maui was our 2nd choice, but more activities there. WE took our kids the 2nd time...they were 16, 17 sons, and our oldest daughter and her husband came along. We stayed at a condo that time..cheaper, but still really nice and great access to the beach.

Northern Michigan has some fantastic places to visit to. Lake Michigan beaches are as beautiful as anything we saw in Hawaii. Vineyards are a bonus.

We are LOVING Dana Point in Southern California! It is just beautiful here!

Or better yet..Catalina Island off the coast of Southern California! BEAUTIFUL!

Where ever you decide to go check out 'Vacation Rentals by Owner' and for the price of a hotel you can get rent a house or condo, fully furnished and decorated beautifully!!! That is how we found our condo on the beach while staying in California on my dh's business trip.

Good luck finding just the right spot!

In the US, Hawaii, maui specifically.

Want to splurge, go to Costa Rica, one of my favorite places on earth. here a real get away from it all hotel, just don't go during the rainy season. Breathtaking views, not a lot to do. ;) When we went if there were 7 people on the beach it was crowded.

http://www.sugar-beach.com/