Menu

PSAT question

What personal information does Ds need to know to fill out the form for the PSAT?

I assume:

Address

Name of our home school

Homeschool code for California (can't remember where I get this one...can you help?)

Does he need to know his social security number?

What does he do if he doesn't know which schools to send the scores to, yet?

Is there anywhere where I can see the actual form that he will be filling out?

I tried searching for it, but was just getting off-the-wall stuff.

Hot Lava Mama

They ask a lot of demographic info including some that raised my eyebrows like religion (with a Protestant breakout). They asked highest education of parents. They asked several questions about what years they took what subjects. For some of the questions, like religion, they allow a prefer not to answer.

Make sure he knows what year he is graduating. If that is filled in wrong, he won't be considered a Junior.

The public school where ds is taking it had everyone fill most of the personal stuff early since they are already delaying school for the test.

They ask a lot of demographic info including some that raised my eyebrows like religion (with a Protestant breakout). They asked highest education of parents. They asked several questions about what years they took what subjects. For some of the questions, like religion, they allow a prefer not to answer.

After seeing the mail and emails that came after the fact for oldest, I got the idea the religious listings had to do with "college search" and who might send you brochures for colleges/scholarships.

as a 10th grader, oldest marked one thing that she thought was closest to answer and got a lot of baptist brochures...

11th grade...  marked something else and the baptist colleges slowed down marketing, but the something else kicked up in numbers...

Parents highest education:  I think it's asking: are you first generation college... scholarship stuff. Not sure about other weird stuff like when you took which subject... 

• Like 1

The closest I could find was the supervisor's manual which has the script the test administrator is supposed to say. It can be downloaded here: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/k12-educators

Thank you!  I tried to search for this, but, aye-aye-aye, my search skills are "sub-par"! 

I needed that!

:)

Hot Lava Mama

Make sure he knows what year he is graduating. If that is filled in wrong, he won't be considered a Junior.

The public school where ds is taking it had everyone fill most of the personal stuff early since they are already delaying school for the test.

Thanks!  Good to know.  He would have been stressed on how to answer these questions.  We discussed them so now he knows.

:)

Hot Lava Mama

• Like 1