Menu

Is anyone else's kid globe hopping?

Dmmetler

I must be daft. I registered us, but now I don't see where you actually log in to play the game. It just keeps taking me to the registration screen. I logged in as a parent. Was I supposed to log in as a school?

IntoScience works on my PC, but not DD's. She's doing that one first since it's the one that she both likes the best and tends to take the longest.

So far, she's been in Singapore, Pakistan and the USA. I'm praying they credit her scores correctly. She's not showing on the leaderboards at all, which makes me nervous, but maybe it's because she hasn't finished all 20 games yet?

It looks really skewed to literacy. Like high scores in literacy are in the 3000 range, and high scores on science are likely to be a few hundred at best.

I signed up dd and was able to log her into science, but the interface doesn't work correctly. She used dh's laptop, which is newish, runs Windows 10, and has a touchscreen, and we could not get any of the screens to work. You can't click or touch the buttons. They're there, but when you click or touch them, nothing happens. It took us fifteen minutes to drag and drop her favorite scientist. 

I'm guessing the science scores are so low because people can't get it to work. I know I'm not impressed.  :glare:  Why in the world are they using a beta platform for something like this?

ETA: We finally got the science one to work on my old crappy computer, but the WEG questions are so stupid dd doesn't want to do it anyway. *sigh* Stuff like, "Does banging two pieces of wood together make light?" and asking if she'd use dirt or soap to wash a bike. She did one game, looked at me like I'm crazy, and went back to her book. :P

We didn't upgrade specifically because of the world Ed games-last time, it wouldn't work on Windows 8 systems af all, but locked up DD's Windows XP computer, so DD did it on DH's work laptop. This year, it works on Windows 8, so I didn't upgrade my system to Windows 10 yet. DD has an IntoScience subscription, so we knew that it worked going in, and didn't want to jinx it.

So far, she's in 1st and holding for science, but we're not expecting her to stay there.

• Like 2

One kid was able to get on & do a couple of science rounds before it kicked him off. We don't know if they even counted ~ everything froze.

Other kid can only get so far as sign in, but not an actual event.

First kid was able to switch computers & with much waiting, waiting, waiting....access the maths long enough to do the 5 games he needed to finish.

Did I use the word FRUSTRATED yesterday?

Well, there it is again.

Finished up. it seems to be working this morning.

I have no clue how they're scoring Spelling. Somehow, there's 300+ points difference between DD's score on Spellodrome and on the WEG high score table?

Overall, a good run, and it's been a fun couple of days break.

One of mine is done and one is still going. One high point today was playing against a child from Ukraine, where their brothers were adopted from. The older is currently on a couple of the leaderboards but I don't expect it to last. She and my husband are pretty tickled by it though. :)

• Like 1

We're done & I'm glad.

One of mine thought it was pretty fun. The other just barely tolerated it.

The tolerating one does have plenty to keep him busy though, so this maybe felt like an intrusion on time he could be using more productively.

• Like 1

My DD has enjoyed it. They have some really nice modules. One is going through an ecosystem and finding animals, and then having to go through the dichotomous key to identify it. It is AUS standards, so has a lot of Southern Hemisphere stuff, which she's also enjoyed. I haven't seen anything that an elementary student with good reading skills couldn't manage.

• Like 1