Menu

Stupid Facebook Question

trulycrabby

So, when I make a stupid, inane comment on a public page like the local tv station news feed, is this post forwarded to all my facebook friends for them to see?

Or, if I make a comment on a subscribed page, like the local lost animal group, is this comment forwarded to all my facebook friends for their viewing boredom?

I am never mean or controversial, I just don't like the thought of my brainless comments like " beautiful day" or " poor lost dog" being forwarded to everyone to see. I don't mind if the comments,can be seen on my page, I just don't like the thought of them being automatically forwarded to my facebook friends.

:o

It certainly can be. I see ''So-and-So liked/commented on this post'' all the time. It can also happen if you like/comment upon a post on someone's personal page, if their privacy for that post is set to ''Public''.

ETA: I don't have the ticker on the right enabled, and I see such posts directly in my newsfeed.

• Like 3

Many times, even if it does appear in the newsfeed, FB might not directly point out a friend's comment. So I see a news article and the heading "Jane Doe liked this" or "Jane Doe commented on this" - but if I want to know what they said I would have to go manually scrolling thru the comments myself. If there are only 1 or 2 comments it is easy to see, but on a news article with dozens or hundreds of comments, someone would really have to be looking to see what you said, (Not that I have ever scrolled thru comments wondering what a friend said on some controversial post...nope, never done that...) ☺ï¸

• Like 2

Many times, even if it does appear in the newsfeed, FB might not directly point out a friend's comment. So I see a news article and the heading "Jane Doe liked this" or "Jane Doe commented on this" - but if I want to know what they said I would have to go manually scrolling thru the comments myself. If there are only 1 or 2 comments it is easy to see, but on a news article with dozens or hundreds of comments, someone would really have to be looking to see what you said, (Not that I have ever scrolled thru comments wondering what a friend said on some controversial post...nope, never done that...) ☺ï¸

It was like that for awhile, but I usually see the actual comment now. Of course, FB fiddles with things so often it's hard to keep up with how that stuff works.

• Like 1