Menu

Minecraft Videos

paulasue

My ds is obsessed with Minecraft and Minecraft youtube videos. 

I am looking for clean videos that he can watch.  I saw an old thread that was about 2 years old with some channels.  I thought I'd start a new thread to get some new ideas. 

OMGChad is clean and ds loves watching him on his OMGcraft channel.  He's now watched all of Chad's videos.  He's started watching videos of Chad and his friends, his friends cuss so we have limited DS to watching just Chad only videos. 

So what are some of the clean videos that you let your kids watch? 

My son is only 6 and loves watching people play Minecraft, so if your kid has posted videos, let us know or you can pm the info.  My kid would love watching your kid play.  DS is an only so he doesn't have any siblings to watch play and he loves watching people play. 

We like Thinknoodles.

Check out minecraftmum - just google for the address - and there should be a list.

I find that watching Diamond Minecart (after the first 20 or so videos, as there is cussing in the first) and Stampy both end in a cranky kid, not sure why that is. So we prefer Thinknoodles.

My teen sons have a couple of YouTube channels he can try which are definitely clean.  

This one is where they play Minecraft and a few other games: https://www.youtube.com/user/FinsGames

This one is where they share art and other stuff Minecraft related: https://www.youtube.com/user/FinsGraphics

ETA: I have seen them even blur out the chat box if they are playing with someone else and inappropriate language is typed out from other users.

• Like 3

We like Thinknoodles.

Check out minecraftmum - just google for the address - and there should be a list.

I find that watching Diamond Minecart (after the first 20 or so videos, as there is cussing in the first) and Stampy both end in a cranky kid, not sure why that is. So we prefer Thinknoodles.

Diamond Minecart is our problem.  We thought Dan was pretty clean.  Then we heard, "Oh my gxx" occasionally, when something bad or shocking is happening.  Now, DS has picked it up, that is not appropriate in our house.  We need to move to clean videos.  We were spoiled with OMGChad because he's pretty clean, I think crap is his worst word.  We see him on Giz Whiz for a couple of years now. 

We've had a cranky kid lately, I hadn't put the two together.

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies.  I'll start looking at some of them.  Maybe I'll learn a little more about this Minecraft, since I've worked so hard to stay ignorant in this area.  DH is the video game expert in the family.

My teen sons have a couple of YouTube channels he can try which are definitely clean.  

This one is where they play Minecraft and a few other games: https://www.youtube.com/user/FinsGames

This one is where they share art and other stuff Minecraft related: https://www.youtube.com/user/FinsGraphics

OMG!  You are a celebrity's MOM!!!  LOL

I've seen your kids on that Gaming Show in Your Parents Garage :)  DS tapes it and watches the episodes again and again and again...

How did that come about?

• Like 1

OMG!  You are a celebrity's MOM!!!  LOL

I've seen your kids on that Gaming Show in Your Parents Garage :)  DS tapes it and watches the episodes again and again and again...

How did that come about?

Thanks, Chalex!  They were contacted by Disney based on their YouTube work to participate in that.  

Disney asked the boys to do another season, but they have too many other projects and stuff they wanted to do and so they said no.  Just days after that, they were contacted by Dreamworks to do game reviews on their own YouTube channel which is a better fit and is working out well!  So they are glad they turned it down.  It kind of wouldn't have worked to do them both!  :lol:

• Like 4

We like Thinknoodles.

My nine year old is a little obsessed with making Minecraft videos.  They're all clean.  Not sure how entertaining they are though...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75UhGIvZlP4G3fO4iEuI2w 

If the link doesn't work, his YouTube name is: CakeCraftersCC  

• Like 1

Stampy has a new channel called WonderQuest that is clean in case anyone didn't know about it.

My understanding is that it is supposed to be "educational" as well:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/09/stampylonghead-youtube-education-minecraft-maker-studios

I have a great deal of respect for Joseph Garret as a human being, despite being a normal, ordinary old parent of a 7yo who can Stampy-bash with the best of you.

;)

If your kid is a Stampy fan and you don't know who Julia Child is, you really should YouTube her; it will completely crack you up! She had a cooking show on TV that was very popular when I was about the age our Stampy loving kids are now.

My mother watched it incessantly. I.Cannot.Escape.Julia/Stampy!!!!!!!

Nofe Air.

• Like 1