Menu

Baltimore

Amira

The inner harbor is nice to walk around. There are lots of restaurants, pretty views, and an aquarium. I don't recall the price to go into the aquarium. There used to be an old military ship there, too, but I'm not sure if it still is.

The little Italy neighborhood is next door to the inner harbor. If you feel like skipping lunch in favor of a huge plateful of gelato dessert, look up Vaccaro's. They have a kiosk in Union Station in downtown DC, but the original is in Baltimore, and it's worth the trip if you love gelato/ice cream.

• Like 1

Second the Inner Harbor. Sentimental to me because that is where I met DH.:) the aquarium is cool, but an hour or two would not be enough times to be worth the price. The Maryland Science Center is also cool, but you would want more time.

• Like 1

The American Visionary Arts Museum, which is on the south side of the harbor. It's all "outsider" art by people who weren't formally trained as artists, and a lot of the exhibits are really cool. Before or after, climb Federal Hill (next door to AVAM) for sweeping views of the harbor and downtown. Plus, if you have kids with you, there's a playground there.

Also, wave northward at me. :seeya:

• Like 1

The American Visionary Arts Museum, which is on the south side of the harbor. It's all "outsider" art by people who weren't formally trained as artists, and a lot of the exhibits are really cool. Before or after, climb Federal Hill (next door to AVAM) for sweeping views of the harbor and downtown. Plus, if you have kids with you, there's a playground there.

Also, wave northward at me. :seeya:

I like this plan the best. The museum is really different, so it'll be an experience but you can do it in a few hours. It also has the only museum gift shop that I've ever considered a real bargain. The restaurant is spendy, but really nice if you want a NICE lunch and aren't traveling with the chicken strip diehards. Also, the view from the top of federal hill is the Baltimore photo op you really want.

Rivka nailed it :-). Also, for people who don't enjoy driving in the city, this is an EASY place to get into and back out. It has off-street, non-parallel, metered parking and getting back to 95 when you leave is even easier than getting in.

http://avam.org

• Like 2

The inner harbor is nice to walk around. There are lots of restaurants, pretty views, and an aquarium. I don't recall the price to go into the aquarium. There used to be an old military ship there, too, but I'm not sure if it still is.

The little Italy neighborhood is next door to the inner harbor. If you feel like skipping lunch in favor of a huge plateful of gelato dessert, look up Vaccaro's. They have a kiosk in Union Station in downtown DC, but the original is in Baltimore, and it's worth the trip if you love gelato/ice cream.

No more Vaccaro's in Union Station... unless they moved back in. :( Alas. But luckily they're so good in B'more.

I second Rivka's AVAM suggestion. That place is weird and awesome and is something you can do and enjoy in a shorter time, unlike something like aquarium.