Menu

Does anyone have a Thinkpad t420????

Prairie~Phlox

I have a different ThinkPad, and it's pretty good. DH is kind of a computer expert, and he chose it for me to replace my dying Acer. (It's slightly larger, but after a couple of weeks, I'm getting used to it.)

I'm puzzled at the "ugly" comment--I don't think of attractiveness as something to look for in a computer!

Blair has it for $239.00 on their web site. I believe that includes shipping to U.S. addresses (lower 48 states) and a one year warranty (except on laptop batteries). Blair is a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. They install a new and legal copy of Microsoft Windows. The first time you boot the laptop, you will go through the same OOBE (Out of Box Experience), as you would with a Brand New computer. Here's the link:

http://www.blairtg.com/lenovo-thinkpad-t420-laptop-core-i5-2-5ghz-4gb-ram-500gb-hdd-cdrw-dvd-windows-7-profesisonal.html

Our family has purchased three (3) Refurbished Dell Latitude E6400 laptops from Blair (2 on Amazon and 1 on eBay) during the past 17 months. They even check for defective Capacitors on the motherboard. If they find any, they replace them. That is extremely critical, with any used electronic devices.

Enterprise class laptops are designed for and leased by Corporate customers. They are workhorses.

GL with whatever you buy!

ETA: I reread the original post again...  If you want it with an SSD drive, call their Sales Department, on their toll free number, Monday afternoon or on Tuesday (I try to avoid Monday mornings and Friday afternoons, when people are more stressed).  Tell  them you would like an SSD drive, instead of the 500 GB SATA (mechanical) drive. Possibly they could substitute a 128 GB SSD drive for the same price?

Also, if you call them on the phone, possibly they can give you a discount?