Menu

Wanna see the cool project my dh is doing this week?

He is making a neat loft bed in some dead space in the smallest bedroom. I have pics up on my blog if you want to see. I'll post more along the way and when finished. He's doing a great job! House is trashed, but that's okay. Sorry for the sideways pics. I tried to rotate them before putting them on, and it didn't work. Need to figure that out.

How fun!

We just looked at a house that had a loft in the actual bedroom with stairs going up and everything. (The loft part was big enough to put a mattress on and a crib underneath!) My son thought it was the coolest thing and definitely wanted us to buy THAT house. :)

Kids LOVE those little spaces - that's so nice of your dh to do that for them.

How fun!

We just looked at a house that had a loft in the actual bedroom with stairs going up and everything. (The loft part was big enough to put a mattress on and a crib underneath!) My son thought it was the coolest thing and definitely wanted us to buy THAT house. :)

Kids LOVE those little spaces - that's so nice of your dh to do that for them.

This is a big one too! It will hold a full sized mattress. Dh has been working so much lately with a fair amount of travel. He is taking vacation this week to recharge by doing something physical. That is therapy for him.

And with the schoolroom moved in there, it can be a nice reading loft too.

This is a big one too! It will hold a full sized mattress.

Okay, I see it now. I have a hard time visualizing things in progress! :D

Gotta love a handy husband! Mine's the same way - there's something therapeutic about being away from work and "making" something.

Thanks! They are having fun helping. My little ds was tapping the walls looking for "buds"! :lol: He misheard DH and thought they were buds, not studs. He loves pulling the nails out of the old removed wood too. He's a hoot.

Buds, is hilarious, future contractor on board. When dh is done, I need a lil bed frame made for my loft.

Thanks ahead for sharing.

That's going to be such great reading space...we're planning to put a window seat in our library for much the same reason.

O/T, all your sock knitting makes me want to pick my sticks back up! I've got a pair 3/4 knit from a long train trip I took, but I've stagnated. You choose such pretty yarn!