Menu

NON low-rise jeans for little girls (5yo)

Guest dawn_clark

Guest dawn_clark

I found a post on this topic from 2011, but I'm not sure if the info would still be valid.  Can anyone tell me where they've found jeans for younger girls that aren't super low-rise?  I'm constantly trying to pull up my 5yo's jeans because I can see her panties and more, but they just don't pull up any more than they are - the crotch is as high as it goes.  :S  I'd love another inch or two higher-waisted so I wouldn't have to worry about half her bottom showing when she crouches down.  JC Penney jeans were mentioned in the post I found, but now it looks like they only sell Levi's and Arizona jeans (not their own brand?) and I'm not sure about those ones.  Thank you!!

Is she particularly girly?  If not, then you might try the boys' department.  My older daugher loves "painter-style" khakis and shorts, and that is where I find them.

My younger has a few pair of (girl) OshKosh jeans, which are not low-rise.  They are kind of a bootleg-style cut and look quite cute on her.

• Like 1

My dd5 got a pair of jeans as a gift and loved them so much I ended up getting more. They are from Justice, and have a 2 in wide soft elastic-y band at the top. They fit her so much better and keep her from mooning everyone in the room when she wears them:)

They are similar to these:

https://m.shopjustice.com/girls-clothing/knit-waist-denim-jeggings/4673118/606?pageSort=W3sidHlwZSI6ImZlYXR1cmVkIiwidmFsIjoiIn1d&productOrigin=category%20page&productGridPlacement=1-1&originalCatId=3191

ETA: if you google 'knit waist jeans' there are several companies that make them, including Gap, Children's Place, Justice, and more...

• Like 3

If she likes them girly, tou can go the biys'jeans route and get one of those bedazzled type things, add appliques or cute patches, or embroider them a bit to girly them.

Personally, I just put my DD in shirts long enough to cover the gap and called it good.

• Like 2

My sister said she found some nice, tall Cherokee jeans at Target that her daughter loves--skinny or bootcut.  My DD seems only to fit into Sonoma slim jeans from Kohl's; those are the only ones that will stay up on her and not gap.  They are as tall as the Cherokee ones in the back, but they scoop a little in the front so they don't dig into her stomach when she sits.  I think they are a very modest, but nice-looking fit.  I tried Children's Place and several other varieties, but somehow those always fall down or gap.  (I've never seen the knit-waist for girls, though.  I saw them at Gymboree for boys, and ODS loved the ease and comfort.  At nearly-seven, though, I got him regular jeans this year.  We'll see how that goes...)