Menu

I really hate Science Fusion

It is sitting on my shelf sticking its tongue out at me. 

It took me several weeks to get registered ---that was a complete hassle. 

Then I went a scheduled a few weeks worth and started the lessons.

We had a family death and went back to the site to find all my hard work scheduling it is gone

Science experiments =impossible to do as it requires hard to find or expensive stuff, not every experiment has a video BLAH

Many things are class oriented stuff in my humble opinion. For some reason I really thought it was more geared for homeschoolers. Well at least with all the advertisements on it at one point

Nothing to scream about...Nothing. 

I need new options...

Have used McHenry, Elemental Science, Education Exploration, Moving Beyond the Page

I have kids in 6th and 8th grades as well as Ker again.

We used Science Fusion last year.  DD did not like it.  The questions were...weird.    We only used the worktext though, nothing else.  DD liked Pearson Interactive Science a lot better.  It's the same concept, but better accomplished, in my opinion.  Again, we only used the worktext for that too, so I'm not sure what kinds of other stuff is offered to go with the program.

I guess, in short, I have no recommendations LOL.  Just a "I was so excited about Science Fusion and it did't work for us either." :)

We're going to try Interactive Science for my 4th & 6th graders. It is also made for the classroom but seems to be a bit more user friendly for homeschoolers.  I think anything originally developed for the classroom is going to have bugs for homeschool, but all I hear about Science Fusion is utter frustration.

• Like 1

I am registered as a teacher and my kids are students.

I choose which parts of the lessons to do, depending on the kid and time constraints.

For instance, I had a rising tenth grader do Big History in 10 weeks over the summer.

My seventh grader will use it throughout the upcoming school year, using many supplements for science and history.

It is sitting on my shelf sticking its tongue out at me. 

It took me several weeks to get registered ---that was a complete hassle. 

Then I went a scheduled a few weeks worth and started the lessons.

We had a family death and went back to the site to find all my hard work scheduling it is gone

Science experiments =impossible to do as it requires hard to find or expensive stuff, not every experiment has a video BLAH

Many things are class oriented stuff in my humble opinion. For some reason I really thought it was more geared for homeschoolers. Well at least with all the advertisements on it at one point

Nothing to scream about...Nothing. 

I need new options...

Have used McHenry, Elemental Science, Education Exploration, Moving Beyond the Page

I have kids in 6th and 8th grades as well as Ker again.

I have no options for you (I'm using Pandia Press' science this year, but for the first time, so I can't tell you what I think of it yet), but I was considering Science Fusion for this year and I am so glad I didn't. All the issues you have with it were things I was concerned about. You validated my decision!