Menu

Bought accessible (ADA) tickets and now might not be able to go

anneinco

So a month ago, we decided to get tickets for Wicked for this Thursday. Needed to buy ADA seats since MIL is in a wheelchair. Due to sickness, we might not be able to go tomorrow..

Can I just offer/sell the tickets to anyone? Pretty sure there are no refunds. I tried sending an email to the theatre using an email for ADA seats and it bounced. I would like to recoup what we paid sow e can buy tickets for next week.

Sorry you guys are dealing with illness. Hope you will be able to go see a later show.

I would try to resell the tickets. You can also post them through sites such as TickPick.com (I've used them to buy tickets, but not to sell).

I don't know what, if any, ADA regulations there would be if you sold to someone who does not need accessible tickets. I do know you can post accessible tickets on tickpick & just state that they are accessible seats.

So a month ago, we decided to get tickets for Wicked for this Thursday. Needed to buy ADA seats since MIL is in a wheelchair. Due to sickness, we might not be able to go tomorrow..

Can I just offer/sell the tickets to anyone? Pretty sure there are no refunds. I tried sending an email to the theatre using an email for ADA seats and it bounced. I would like to recoup what we paid sow e can buy tickets for next week.

If you can get in touch with them you may be surprised. This happened to me once and they offered a one-time courtesy refund because they understand you cannot re-sell them.

It's at a theatre in Portland, OR Box office wasn't too helpful. Can't exchange, can't refund, no ADA waiting list... They would prefer that they be resold to someone who needs ADA seating, but understands if I can not do that. However, when asked what would happen if they were sold to someone without a wheelchair, they could not tell me if a seat would be provided.

Just called the theatre and they were more helpful in the fact that yes, they will bring in a chair if needed for that fourth seat.

Now I have to decide when to make the call to go/not go. I have head/chest cold, not much coughing, but MIL was throwing up last night. If it happens today, I will try to sell since she seems to have a pattern and it tends to point to something else being wrong (multiple days of throwing up -hospital stay)