Menu

Broken Bone Help?

Paige

My DS broke his arm 10 days ago. We didn't realize it at first and we didn't find out until Sat. The ER doc put it in a sling and said to see an ortho today to get it set. The insurance/managed health people called and made us an appt for Weds afternoon. I'm a little nervous about that. I'm afraid since it's been so long, DS will need it rebroken if we wait. I was already worried about not getting it set until today! Does anyone have experience with this and can reassure me that he'll be fine if we wait until Weds, or should I call and throw a fit to be seen sooner? He has a full break and the ER dr did not attempt to do anything to it. DS is not in too much pain, but he's anxious to heal. 

After our car crash a year ago, they prioritized putting my innards to rights, and the ortho didn't even work on my tibfib fracture for over a week.  They just stabilized the leg from the outside in the meantime. So I think you are good to go if can't get in before Wednesday.. 

When DD broke her arm on a Friday afternoon (a million years ago) they set it in Emergency. When we went to the ortho on Wednesday for a follow up, they already had to rebreak it. It was not as awful as it sounded since it had only started to heal - and it *sounded* awful :/

When DD broke her arm on a Friday afternoon (a million years ago) they set it in Emergency. When we went to the ortho on Wednesday for a follow up, they already had to rebreak it. It was not as awful as it sounded since it had only started to heal - and it *sounded* awful :/

How bad was it for your daughter? On the x-ray, DS's bones were still really far apart on Sat (over a week past break), so I'm hoping that means there hasn't been much healing progress. I don't know if there is soft tissue there that the x-ray can't see.  :confused1: