Menu

Plexus

Janie Grace

I have a FB friend who uses/sells this and I have to admit, her results are amazing. Does anyone know anything about it? I have NEVER used supplements and am really skeptical of MLM stuff... but I'm kind of curious about this. I guess I am intrigued by the emphasis on gut health (which seems pretty widely accepted now) and by how incredible she looks! It's impossible to find anything remotely objective or scientific on the internet. And so, I turn to the Hive mind of course!

• Like 1

I hate plexus and have a TON of friends that sell it. They make way too much money off of it in my opinion. My sister has tried it and lost some weight but not as much as she was hoping. All my friends love it and swear it's fixed so many of their problems. I know they wouldn't lie about it, but it's so overpriced I refuse to try it.

• Like 1

I hate plexus and have a TON of friends that sell it. They make way too much money off of it in my opinion. My sister has tried it and lost some weight but not as much as she was hoping. All my friends love it and swear it's fixed so many of their problems. I know they wouldn't lie about it, but it's so overpriced I refuse to try it.

Good to know! I have no idea of cost... haven't gotten that far. 

I guess I technically still sell it, though I haven't sold any in months.  I really like it...but I can't afford it.  Some of my friend's have done amazing with it, they have lost weight (though inches seem to come off first, then pounds), gotten off medications and have improved their overall health immensely.  Like I said, I do like it...it helps even out my blood sugar and I lost inches.  I like the pain relief pills and lotion-works so well.    I  just don't seem to be a pushy enough salesperson to make enough to afford it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I used it for about a year and a half.  IMHO, it helps with health issues.  It helps with blood sugar and inflammation.  It does not help with weight loss unless your problem isn't weight, it's water from inflammation OR if you're especially susceptible to placebo.

The friend who sold it to me has been on it for three years.  In the first year she lost about 80 pounds sticking to a 1200 calorie diet.  She has maintained it, and her husband's type 2 diabetes was reversed.  She stopped losing though.  As does everyone else who takes it for long.

My mom tried it before I did.  She thought it helped a lot for the first six weeks you take it, and after that not as much.

Someone else who sells it recently posted a personal testimony online stating basically she thinks it should be marketed as a health supplement, not a weight loss supplement.  She thought her weight loss had plateaued but she was feeling so much healthier she didn't care.  She also have a few anecdotes about her customers health improving.  One person with multiple miscarriages was able to successfully carry a baby.  Someone with severe lupus went into remission. Someone else with diabetes improved enough that they could go off medication.  Her point in selling the story was that it should be marketed as a health supplement first, and weight loss should be secondary.  I agreed with her.

I sell it (sort-of).

When it comes to supplements, quality does make a difference.  IME, all high-quality supplements (regardless of MLM or not) are all priced about equally.  The only way to "save" money on supplements is to buy low-quality ones which have a lower bio-availability (meaning, your body doesn't absorb the vitamins).  

What the "Pink Drink" does for me...it helps even out my hormones/blood sugars.  These supplements have actually helped reduce peri-menopausal mood swings.  My father used the Fast Relief Cream with a horrible bout of Shingles, it was the *only* stuff that gave him relief.  (They had used other supplements, prescriptions, and even some of the same things that were in the cream...but the cream was the most effective out of everything they did).

My younger son takes the pink drink/probiotics.  It helps with focus/attention for him.

This month, we're adopting more of the Plexus products.  I've been an ambassador for about a year, but I haven't pushed it.  I have a feeling that's about to change, and that I'm going to have some events with it, as well as talk more about the products more regularly.

Have I lost tons of weight?  No.  But that isn't why I purchased it.