Menu

Online Excel class for the Excel-challenged?

dsmith

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my brain just can't handle Excel! :blushing: Dh has been trying to teach me, and I can enter info into spreadsheets that he has created, but that is not translating into being able to make my own. Can anyone recommend an online class? I'd like to keep it under $150, unless it's really awesome and will turn me into an Excel genius.

I bought Excel Everest, which isn't exactly a class.  It's a program built into excel so you do things and things turn different colors.  I'm not explaining it very well.

Anyway, it worked reasonably well.  It cost me about $120.

I took a few of the classes and tutorials offered here:

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/

Both are free, but enrollment for each class is limited. Spaces open up as students finish, and you have the opportunity to try and register every couple of hours for any open slots. So, it can take some patience to get placed. I had success with the basic tutorials, but I did find the instructor feedback helpful when I took the classes, too.

I took a few of the classes and tutorials offered here:

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/

Both are free, but enrollment for each class is limited. Spaces open up as students finish, and you have the opportunity to try and register every couple of hours for any open slots. So, it can take some patience to get placed. I had success with the basic tutorials, but I did find the instructor feedback helpful when I took the classes, too.

Thanks for this link, Jenny! I will plead the 5th regarding how slow I am to embrace some things, but just know that this is very helpful.