Menu

Chalkdust or Tabletclass for Algebra 1?

Do you have more than one child who will use the Algebra I?  If so, a used version of Chalkdust would probably be cheaper as well as being a known quantity.  I have not used Tabletclass, but I used CD for pre-algebra through calculus with my oldest.  I sold pre-algebra and Algebra I before I finally clued in that I might still be in the homeschooling business many years later, but I had to rebuy them for my youngest.  I found complete sets of both for around $100 on here or homeschoolclassifieds.com.  I could kick myself for selling them in the first place, of course, but all things considered, I have gotten off pretty lightly.  Again, I know nothing about Tabletclass, but I love Chalkdust.

We've been really happy with TabletClass over the past few years. I've had three children use Pre-Algebra, two children use Algebra and two have used the Geometry program. This year, we'll be trying Algebra 2 for the first time. From a parental point of view, it's really easy and to implement. On rare occasion that we've had questions (one of my daughters was POSITIVE that she found an error...she didn't..lol), we've contacted the designer and he has returned our email with a phone call almost immediately. It has been a fabulous opportunity for my girls to learn how to keep an organized notebook and how to become a more independent learner. We live in a highly regulated state and my girls have to take standardized tests every other year until high school and then yearly through high school. At this point, none of my girls have scored lower than the 90+ percentile using TabletClass. I've been really happy with TabletClass and my three daughters who have used it have said that they would recommend it.  

I received an email today (7/21) that TabletClass is having it's Super Sale. Perhaps I should mention that I am in no way affiliated with TabletClass, just a happy user. I detest having children sitting at the table crying over math...

Edited by Mom25girls
  • Like 1