Menu

Saving forum pages for the future?

Do you have any suggestions about how to save or organize forum pages for future reference?

There are lots of discussions I can see wanting to reference at some point but not yet. For example, I just saw a question about Logic Stage read alaouds for ancients. I am not quite ready to digest this information but will be soon. I know I will lose or forget about it without a system. Any suggestions for this disorganized mama?

I "follow" a thread (usually taking the immediate option rather than the digest option). When an update to the thread arrives in my email, I move the email to a folder for the subject (for instance, in your case I would make a folder in my email labeled "History, Ancient"). I have gmail, so I don't know if this works in other email providers (you could always get a free gmail account for this purpose). 

I use Evernote specifically for this reason. You can copy the whole page into Evernote and it will save it forever. If the page is ever removed from the website, you never lose it!

After saving, you can tag it with as many categories as you like that you create, for example, "high school", "history", etc.

• Like 1

I'm old fashion and paranoid because I use all of the above except for evernote!  :) 

1. I save to pdf on my computer

2. I follow a thread and move the email to another folder.

3. I also print them out and put it in a binder with tabs as dividers.  Science, robotics, logic, etc.  (Of course, I don't always get around to printing them all out.)

Hth!

• Like 1

Click "follow this thread" button.  To access later, click your name and then "content I follow."  You can also save the thread in your favorites list on your computer. 

ETA:  Most topics come up again and again. You can find many related threads just by searching specific forums for words likely to be in those threads.  So, search the logic stage forum for the word "ancients" to find logic stage ancients information.