Menu

How do you clean your jewelry? (No, Doran, it's not a metaphor.)

My ring had lots of nooks and crannies. How can I keep it clean without taking it to the jeweler?

Good one!:lol::lol:

Toothbrush and toothpaste is what my mom used. I think it works on even the softer stones and things like pearls as long as you're not brushing the bristles right on the surface of the pearl, just the setting.

I have been married for 23 years, and my engagement ring is a channel set (10 small stones) with a center diamond. Toothbrush and toothpaste left too much residue between the stones, so it always looked dull. Regular jewelry cleaner with ammonia was a pain due to the smell. I actually stopped wearing my engagement ring for a number of years, because I didn't like the way it looked.

About 5 years ago, I was in the mall just after Christmas, and one of those kiosk owners offered me a free jewelry cleaning. I took advantage, and I loved the result! (OK, I realize that reads like a personal testimonial in a magazine ad. I have no affiliation with the company, it's just that this hackneyed phrase happens to apply to my situation.:001_smile:) I have used the liquid cleaner ever since.

I also bought the cleaning paste, but I never had any real use for it. Since the kiosk is gone, I now order the liquid cleaner online. If toothpaste doesn't work for your ring, give this stuff a try. http://www.sunshine101.com/

Beth